Acer Won't turn on at all and last I remember I even replaced the battery in 2015

CoxTKM
CoxTKM Member Posts: 1 New User

My laptop wont turn on at all and last I remember I even replaced the battery in 2015. I need help please.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,092 Trailblazer

@CoxTKM

After 8 years use (or just storage) your battery will be dead, buy a new battery exactly the same model, capacity as the one in your laptop, preferably with the correct Acer part number on it($45).

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator

Hi CoxTKM and welcome to the Acer Community!,

We are glad that you have joined our community and look forward to your questions, comments and contributions!

We request you to share the complete model number of your unit. This helps us to understand the specifications and assist you better.

Acer-Samuel
    Community Moderator

• Setuplt
    Setuplt Member Posts: 2 New User

Hay. Check your acer basics. Is there LED on charger? If yes - check if the LED lights up. If not - charger is dead.

If charger has led indicator and it lights up. Connect charger to acer laptop. And check if the charging LED on laptop turns on. If not - can be charger cable damage, or charging port damage.

If charger LED indicator turns on. But when you connect charger to laptop it turns off. That means short circuit in charging board in laptop. And need to be repaired your motherboard.