Can I connect M.2 NVME Support/ Travelmate tmp214-53 on my laptop?

SAYEDUZZAMAN
SAYEDUZZAMAN Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in TravelMate and Extensa
Can i connect M.1 NVME on my laptop?

Model
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]  Travelmate tmp214-53 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    The answer is YES, your TravelMate P2 TMP214-53 has an interface and is fitted with a 512 GB M.2 SSD (NVMe PCIe) type card.

Note: the capacity of 512GB is not restrictive as you can also put 1TB or 2TB or 4TB M.2 PCIe Gen3 x2 2280 drives but only with a GPT/UEFI format partition, as Win-10 restriction of 2TB plus drives only applies to drives that are MBR/Legacy formatted and are manly used as slave or backup drives, so be careful with these M.2 drives that are over 2TB M.2 drives as you can only use them in Win-10 as a GPT/UEFI formatted drives which your TravelMate P2 TMP214-53 has and can accomodate. 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    There are several different models of the TravelMate P214-53. Some have HDDs, some SSDs, some both. If your model doesn't already have a SSD then you can add an M.2 drive to it, if yours already has a SSD then you can replace it if you need a larger one.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mustakem
    Mustakem Member Posts: 2 New User
    Can I use SATA ssd in hdd socket? 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Mustakem,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• billsey
    Yes, you can put a 2.5" SATA SSD in, but it will be somewhat slower than an NVMe drive in the M.2 slot. If you already have a HDD in the laptop then you would have to replace it with that type of SSD.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mustakem
    Mustakem Member Posts: 2 New User
    Easwar said:
    Hi Mustakem,

Easwar said:
    Hi Mustakem,

Travelmate P214 - 53 
  • billsey
    I believe all your questions have been answered...
  • Atul94371
    Atul94371 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I need the charger out put details for my p214-53
  • Atul94371
    Atul94371 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Plz let me know its urjent

• billsey
    @Atul94371 you will get a faster response usually by starting a new thread instead of camping out on an old one. Your charger is 45W 19V 1.1x3.0x7.7mm.
  • thomasinperth
    thomasinperth Member Posts: 1 New User

hi, i failed to load details of motherboard, does p214-53 support pcie gen 4.0x4? need to upgrade the existing 256g pcie m2 gen3 x 4.0. thanks a lot.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer

The P214-53 M.2 SSD slot is PCIe 4 x4 compatible with Crucial P5, Kingston Fury Renegade, Samsung 990 EVO and WD 850 type M.2 SSD drives