Acer nitro 5 AN515-57 won't power on/ make noise or do anything

Zyhog
Zyhog Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I was cleaning my fans I and once I put I everything back together, it won't turn

Best Answer

Answers

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator

Hello!!

@Zyhog

Let us do the basic steps first..

Doing the power drain and bios defaults will really help.  Kindly follow the steps given below:

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and – sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you don’t find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed, flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

If you don’t see a reset pin hole on the back of laptop or if you are not able to remove the battery (if it is inbuilt) then please unplug all the cables and devices out of laptop.   Hold the power button for 1 minute.  After releasing the button you should wait a while before plugging in power. Just because the button has been pressed doesn’t bleed off all the residual electricity on the motherboard. Wait 15-30 minutes before plugging in power. Then once power is connected wait for a full battery indication before turning the system on. That allows the battery to fully reset it’s internal statistics.

Connect all the cables back and restart the computer.  

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It will go to bios. Press f9 once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.   

It should work fine.. 

Regards,

LunaNova14

• Zyhog

Tinkerer

@lunanova14 yes I already try that but nothing there is like no power in the laptop and even if I charge it still the

• Zyhog

Tinkerer

Yeah that not working sorry I try it and not comes on so yeah an other ideas?

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,529 Pathfinder

Hi @Zyhog

Did you disconnect the battery before cleaning the fan? Maybe you did not reconnect the battery properly, check all the connectors that you touched during the cleaning, Fan motor, battery cable and don't forget the DDR SRAM modules, release the DDR catches and reseat the modules, this is often the cause for failing to power up.

• Did you disconnect the battery before cleaning the system? Have you checked that the heatsink is aligned correctly, without touching any components?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Zyhog

Tinkerer

Yes I went back and check and double check if everything was plugged in but nothing and did you remove the ddr stick and put them back in?

• Zyhog

Tinkerer

No I don't think I did, when I was cleaning the fans I was looking at a video on how to do it but he never mentioned to discount the battery

• Puraw

I assume you already tried to power up with only the power adapter (disconnect the battery)?

Since you cannot create a Battery Report anymore the next best thing is to bring your laptop to Acer Service for checking.

• Zyhog

Tinkerer

Yeah it doesn't let boot into the laptop with or without the battery so idk but thanks anyway and how do I close this

• Puraw
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

You click on Like and then on Answer and your thread will show as Solved and deleted after a few years.

• It is possible that it caused a short in a component. It is for this reason that I always advise disconnecting the lithium battery before intervening on the motherboard.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)