USB-C funtions on the Acer Nitro XV272U Z, I have issue in usb-c dongle for my wireless mouse

Squacko
Squacko Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in Monitors

Hello,

I was wondering if Acer Nitro XV272U Z supports data trasfer for usb peripherals like wireless dongles to a wireless mouse?

Or is its intended use just for charging and laptop display input only? I had an issue where the usb-c dongle for my wireless mouse, does not detect it, even when i changed to USB C port in monitor settings. Any suggestions?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

The monitor's USBC port usually must be conected to laptop as shown below to enable using the monitor's USBA ports for USBA mouse or KVM switch. You would need a USBA mouse or a USBA-to-USBC adapter to use a USBC mouse. The video ports usually don't transfer between USB ports.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

The monitor's USBC port usually must be conected to laptop as shown below to enable using the monitor's USBA ports for USBA mouse or KVM switch. You would need a USBA mouse or a USBA-to-USBC adapter to use a USBC mouse. The video ports usually don't transfer between USB ports.

Jack E/NJ

• Squacko
    edited March 2023

Thanks for the response, however it would be nice to be able to use that usb-c port under the monitor also as a data port connected to my desktop pc, so that i can use it the same way the usb-a port, the reason being is that the dongle need close range in order to work properly, even though I have an extension cable for the wirelss mouse dongle.

• JackE

You could try a USB-B-to-USB-A printer cable to use the monitor's USB-B input port to see if the monitor's free USB-C port is then full i/o like its two USB-A ports

Jack E/NJ

• Squacko

I have it connected with the included one, however, usb-c out only gives charging capabilities or display input for laptops

• JackE

OK. Thanks for reporting back Looks like both the USB-C & USB-B are still input only as per the diagram.

Jack E/NJ