Help with updating VGA on Acer Nitro Nitro AN515-52

Blitter
Blitter Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

I am endeavouring to run Davinci Resolve and have run into the problem that others have had, Davinci saying that the manufacturer drivers need updating after the message:

DaVinci Resolve Update Notification: intel hardware accelerated decode and encode have been disabled as the current intel graphic driver is not compatible with DaVinci resolve. please update your drivers to enable this feature.

This problem is mentioned in an intel article:

https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/articles/000090658/graphics.html

The post I found on ACER mentioned following the instructions on this webpage:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056629/graphics.html

I downloaded and opened the file, and immediately was greeted with “Your system has a driver that is locked to manufacturer specification. Please try downloading the latest driver from the manufacturer's website to update. Exit code 1”

There were no options I could select in regards to a custom install or any other buttons other than the “exit” button. So no way of updating the driver. I downloaded earlier drivers and had the same result. I am hoping there is someone who could advise another workaround. Please help and thanks in advance. Details of my system are:

OS Name

Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version

10.0.19045 Build 19045

Other OS Description

Not Available

OS Manufacturer

Microsoft Corporation

System Name

LAPTOP-3FKBHKO4

System Manufacturer

Acer

System Model

Nitro AN515-52

System Type

x64-based PC

System SKU

Processor

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date

Insyde Corp. V1.24, 5/12/2018

SMBIOS Version

Embedded Controller Version

BIOS Mode

UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer

CFL

BaseBoard Product

Freed_CFS

BaseBoard Version

V1.24

Platform Role

Mobile

Secure Boot State

On

PCR7 Configuration

Elevation Required to View

Windows Directory

C:\WINDOWS

System Directory

C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device

\Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale

United Kingdom

Hardware Abstraction Layer

Version = "10.0.19041.2728"

Username

Time Zone

AUS Eastern Summer Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)

16.0 GB

Total Physical Memory

15.8 GB

Available Physical Memory

8.92 GB

Total Virtual Memory

20.1 GB

Available Virtual Memory

11.2 GB

Page File Space

4.25 GB

Page File

C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection

Off

Virtualisation-based security

Not enabled

Device Encryption Support

Elevation Required to View

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions

Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions

Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware

Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection

Yes

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder

@Blitter try to uninstall the older display driver in the device manager with “attempt to remove driver” option ticked. Then try to run that driver installtion again.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Blitter
    Blitter Member Posts: 2 New User

@AnhEZ28 Thank you for your reply. Before attempting, should I do anything by way of set a restore point or finding a driver that will work? I am concerned that other programs I have running do work on the driver, and by deleting it, I may find nothing to replace it that will install.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder

@Blitter you can pre-download the display driver from Acer support just in case the new driver doesn't work.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!