Predator Connect x5 Anyone know when they will add this.

Cooltvse
Cooltvse Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2022 in Gaming Accessories

The software needs Power on always or power on last state. Any one know when they will add this?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,477 Trailblazer

Any patches or firmware updates should eventually appear at this link. You can download user manual link if you don't have one already. We're just Acer users on these forums, not Acer service employees, so we have no way of knowing if or when these will be released. So you have to keep checking the download site like the rest of us. Sorry

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

From what was passed on to us from the engineers, the issue is in the hardware not in the firmware, so there will not be a solution. You have to physically press the button to get it to come back on after a power outage. :(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE

Sorry, this is an Acer users forum. We are Acer users here just like you trying to help other users, We are NOT Acer employees, customer or technical service representatives who might have this kind of access..

Jack E/NJ

• JackE

Hover your mouse over an icon near the beginning of the Who's Online section below. If a moderator is online, their name will begin with Acer- such as Acer-Ingrid. You can send a personal message to them with questions iike this to see if they can help.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE

Click on this link @Acer-Carsten and send him a personal message instead just in case he doesn't check in on this thread.

Jack E/NJ

• Tygrys
    Tygrys Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter

I'm thinking of the arduino based device to "push" the power button after the restoration of the mains power. It will wait some secs, turn the signal “on” for 5 secs and then stop itself to another power resume. It will require opening the router and connecting a wire to the switch, so loss of waranty and you have to solder wires inside. For now I'll connect the router to the UPS and this should do the job.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

I believe the word I got was the final result. The issue about not coming up automatically after a power failure is done, there is no way to do it in the current hardware. The DHCP settings is a different issue and likely best handled in a different thread.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.