Acer Nitro AN515-54 Fan Problem it does not show anything related to GPU. What can I do?

Araz99
Araz99 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hello. I am using Acer Nitro AN515-54. I decided to clean the fans and lubricated them (as shown in a YouTube video). After finishing the task, although the computer works, none of the fans are working, and the Nitrosense application shows CPU temperature and usage percentage, it does not show anything related to GPU. What can I do? Please help. Thank you.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    edited March 2023

I decided to clean the fans and lubricated them

1. Why did you decide to do this? What problem were you trying to fix?
    2. How did you try to lubricate the fans? They aren't designed to be lubricated.
    3. Did you remove the thermal module to do this?
    4. What lubricant did you use?
    5. Did you disconnect the battery pack from the mainboard before you tried do anything inside the laptop?
    6. Did you disconnect then reconnect the fan plugs from the mainboard?

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited March 2023

You have ruined the fans, you should never ever lubricate fans, as their bearings are lubricated with a dry lubricant like a graphite paste not an oil lubricant, you will need to replace both CPU and GPU fans as you cant repair them.

Acer does NOT list individual CPU or GPU fans for the AN515-54 only their Thermal Modules with plastic fans for GPUs that are fitted to this laptop like the GTX1050K or the GTX1650 or theGTX1660Ti,

Here are some CPU/GPU fans listed on eBay CPU & GPU Cooling Fan for Acer Nitro AN515-54 series Model N18C3 for about USD $47.00 a pair.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

I decided to clean the fans and lubricated them

1. Why did you decide to do this? What problem were you trying to fix?
    2. How did you try to lubricate the fans? They aren't designed to be lubricated.
    3. Did you remove the thermal module to do this?
    4. What lubricant did you use?
    5. Did you disconnect the battery pack from the mainboard before you tried do anything inside the laptop?
    6. Did you disconnect then reconnect the fan plugs from the mainboard?

Jack E/NJ