I have a problem it says No bootable device

EdiKraljina
EdiKraljina Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in Aspire Laptops
I have a problem it says no bootable device i tried some things and it doenst work
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,476 Trailblazer
    (1) Press and hold power button till laptop shuts off
    (2) Unplug charger.
    (3) Insert paper clip into reset pinhole on bottom for about a minute
    (4) Plug charger back in and wait till battery charge LED turns to steady blue
    (5) Turn laptop back on and immediately press the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu
    (6) Press F9 in the BIOS menu to load defaults. Press F10 to save defaults and exit the BIOS menu
    (7) Laptop should start Windows login normally.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @EdiKraljina,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• JackE
    (2) Unplug charger.
    (6) Press F9 in the BIOS menu to load defaults. Press F10 to save defaults and exit the BIOS menu

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @EdiKraljina,

​​ ​In the BIOS information page is the unit HDD is showing. ​
  • JackE
    (2) Unplug charger.

Jack E/NJ

• PaulEnoch
    PaulEnoch Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 2023
  • JackE

(2) Unplug charger.

Jack E/NJ

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,203 Trailblazer

Hi @EdiKraljina and @PaulEnoch

The boot volume on your HDD may be corrupt, to try and fix that you need to reset your system (without losing data) with the USB Recovery flash drive that contains WindowsRE (Blue screens). I you never made this Recovery drive, try to borrow a Windows recovery flash drive from a friend who has the same Windows version you have (never mind the build). Insert the USB drive and boot to BIOS with the F2 key, goto the Boot order page and hopefully you see your USB drive (if not you may have to bring your laptop to Acer Service for a complete system install, service fee $25). Move the USB drive to the top, save settings on exit and reboot with the recovery drive still in the USB port. In WindowsRE you go to the Advanced menu and chose "Reset this PC", may take a while, 50% chance this will fix it. Alternatively bring the laptop the Acer Service.