Charger isn’t working Aspire 5 Should I replace the charging cord or is it a port issue?

Tric
Tric Member Posts: 3 New User
edited April 2023 in Aspire Laptops
I have to push hard on the charging cord into the port to get it to connect so that I can charge my laptop. Should I replace the charging cord or is it a port issue?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Tric,

Plz check the charger to some other laptop and check it is working or not. If the charger is not charger the other unit then issue is with the charger otherwise issue with the port. 

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    @Tric

It might be charger issue or port issue.    Try using an alternative charger and check.   If you are facing the same issue by using an alternative charger then it is a port issue. 

If your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

If it is out of warranty, please contact local store or

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  Click on  "Repair My Acer" - Request to have your Acer product repaired.   There will be charges for repair. 

Additional info to contact Acer Store:  Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories.  Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.   For the parts which are not available on Acer store, you have to contact local store.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Easwar
    Hi @Tric,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• Tric
    It’s an Aspire 5
  • Easwar
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Tric,

Plz check the charger to some other laptop and check it is working or not. If the charger is not charger the other unit then issue is with the charger otherwise issue with the port. 
  • Tric
    Thank you William and Easwar. I tried a new charging cord and that didn’t solve the problem so I think it’s the port. I have to wedge something between the cord and the laptop to hold the cord in place to keep it connected.
  • ChessTerra
    ChessTerra Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I'm having the same issue with the same laptop.

I purchased a new charger, I purchased a new battery and a new DC in port and nothing changed. It is exactly as you describe where I have to hold my cable at a certain angle for the laptop to charge and that angle is getting harder to find.

Please someone advise!

• ChessTerra
    ChessTerra Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello Easwar, you seem to know things. Could you take a look at my comment and see what you think about this issue?