Aspire 5 - A515-55G-51JA (My laptop battery cannot be charged)

John01John
John01John Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi Friends,

Since the beginning of March this year, my laptop battery has not been able to charge. I have to keep the charger connected to use the laptop. If I disconnect the charger, it shuts down immediately.

Since this problem started, my battery has been showing 20% charge. Then decrease by 1% every few days. Today it is 16%. Although it shows that the battery has charge, the laptop must be connected to the charger to turn on.

I bought this laptop around 2018.

Thanks a lot who can help me!

John

Best Answer

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,528 Pathfinder
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Hi @John01John

Run the following command in the Command Prompt (opened as Administrator):

powercfg /batteryreport /output %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\battery_report.html

Double click on the file “battery_report.html” on your Desktop and look at the charge history if the last fully charged Capacity is only 20% or less of the Desiged Capacity your battery is almost dead. Also draining a LIB to zero charge is a No No (will damage the LIB). 5 Years charging your battery once a day amounts to 1,800 charge cycles, a LIB depletes already between 500-1,000 charge cycles so your battery is now probably dead😑

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon

Try to reset the battery.

After 5 years, it is possible that the lithium battery is depleted.Download hwinfo and have a look at the wear level of your battery at the left side of the smart battery menu.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,528 Pathfinder
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Hi @John01John

Run the following command in the Command Prompt (opened as Administrator):

powercfg /batteryreport /output %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\battery_report.html

Double click on the file “battery_report.html” on your Desktop and look at the charge history if the last fully charged Capacity is only 20% or less of the Desiged Capacity your battery is almost dead. Also draining a LIB to zero charge is a No No (will damage the LIB). 5 Years charging your battery once a day amounts to 1,800 charge cycles, a LIB depletes already between 500-1,000 charge cycles so your battery is now probably dead😑

• Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the lithium battery?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)