How can I make my Aspire A315-21 faster?

robman501a
robman501a Member Posts: 44 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

I've swapped out the HDD to an SSD, and switched out the 2GB stick to a 4GB RAM stick, same specs and brand. I've also noticed my adding more RAM that the GPU RAM went up to 512MB.

Windows 10 just took the “feature update” to 22H2 (I must have never saw that one).

I “optimize” the SSD on a regular basis and run "sfc /scannow" to make sure there is no corruption in the system files.

I don't know why but upgrading to 22H2 seems to make the system even slower.

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,362 Trailblazer

Hi @robman501a the device supports up to 12GB of memory expansion which might improve performance a bit, but won't be noticeable.
    It is possible that future updates will improve the overall performance, while you can set the power mode to a higher performance (maximum performance) although in this mode if you work only with batteries it will run out more quickly.
    Greetings.

As for the processor, it would not be possible to change it because it was soldered to the board (BGA):

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• Have you already checked the ram memory consumption and if the hard disk is at 100% in the task manager?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • robman501a

It was Edge starting up that was putting a load on the CPU. It was hanging around 85% for about a 45 seconds causing the webpages to load up slowly. It did calm down a minute later. It must have been sorting things and caching whatever because now it's quicker.

• robman501a

Thanks. Is there any way to make the RAM run in dual channel? So that 12GB total would be the amount of RAM the user can install AND the onboard RAM?

• Alejandro_AC

The board supports dual channel and the module it can put is a maximum of 8GB (integrated 4GB + 8GB slot = 12GB)
    But the module must meet the technical specifications that appear in the service manual.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

X (Twitter)

• robman501a

How would I find out the timings and speeds of the onboard module? I've ran HWiNFO64 and it only showed me the information on the 2GB module.

• Alejandro_AC

I wouldn't know how to give you that information or how to find out, surely there will be an application that can give that information but I don't know it, let's see if there is an answer that can help with this.

X (Twitter)

• robman501a

So I guess the only way to make it faster is just adding more RAM and there's nothing else that can be done?

• Alejandro_AC

That's right, but as I already told you, the increase in RAM will not be significant.
    All the best.

X (Twitter)