Which parts to upgrade first on a Nitro 50-100 and is a GTX 1650 compatible with it?

Lamppost
Lamppost Member Posts: 1 New User
I am new to pc building and upgrading so what should I upgrade first? 
Acer Nitro 50-100
Processer: AMD Ryzen 5 2500x Quad core Processer 
Memory: 8Gb
Graphics device: Radeon Rx 580

For my second question, a friend of mine recommended I buy a Rtx 1650 msi aero itx. Is it an upgrade from what I have and is it compatible? 

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Lamppost said:
    Acer Nitro 50-100

For my second question, a friend of mine recommended I buy a Rtx 1650 msi aero itx. Is it an upgrade from what I have and is it compatible? 

Firstly, your "Power Supply" should be a minimum of 450W to be compatible with your OEM graphics card of the Radeon RX 580 (check that first and if it is?) and also the memory can be increased, as the max ram for your Nitro 50-100 is 64GB into its 4x slots that take the type DDR4-2666MHz SDRAM-DIMM 288-pin type memory. I would upgrade the memory to at least 2x 8GB DDR4-2666MHz to give you any improvement from the OEM 8GB. Also, add an SSD type hard drive, as that is essential for fast read/write for your system and gaming speeds.

Secondly and in as far a gaming and graphics cards are concerned and if you just want a “clean upgrade” (without PS upgrades) and an easy swap to a higher end NVIDIA GeForce type card then, I would go to the NVIDIA type 20 series cards e.g. the GeForce RTX 2060-SUPER that needs the same PS of a 450W but has a higher max boost clock of 1650MHz, as your OEM AMD Radeon RX 580 also uses a 450W PS but has a lower max boost clock of 1340MHz in comparison. You can also upgrade the AMD cpu from its OEM Socket AM4 Ryzen 5 2500X to the faster spec Ryzen 7 2700X that has 8 cores/16 threads/3.7GHz and a max turbo speed of 4.3GHz/L2 cache of 4MB/ L3 
    cache of 16MB and 105W TPD which you will need better cpu cooling for. All these upgrades will give you much better an much more performance for both general usage and especially improve higher end CAD and gaming etc but, this all depends on what you want and what your budget is?

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    If your pc only has 1 8gb ram stick, you should get another 8gb with same bus frequency as the one you have. Gtx 1650 is relatively same as RX580. I would recommend GTX1060 or GTX1660. 
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Lamppost said:
    Acer Nitro 50-100

Firstly, your "Power Supply" should be a minimum of 450W to be compatible with your OEM graphics card of the Radeon RX 580 (check that first and if it is?) and also the memory can be increased, as the max ram for your Nitro 50-100 is 64GB into its 4x slots that take the type DDR4-2666MHz SDRAM-DIMM 288-pin type memory. I would upgrade the memory to at least 2x 8GB DDR4-2666MHz to give you any improvement from the OEM 8GB. Also, add an SSD type hard drive, as that is essential for fast read/write for your system and gaming speeds.

Secondly and in as far a gaming and graphics cards are concerned and if you just want a “clean upgrade” (without PS upgrades) and an easy swap to a higher end NVIDIA GeForce type card then, I would go to the NVIDIA type 20 series cards e.g. the GeForce RTX 2060-SUPER that needs the same PS of a 450W but has a higher max boost clock of 1650MHz, as your OEM AMD Radeon RX 580 also uses a 450W PS but has a lower max boost clock of 1340MHz in comparison. You can also upgrade the AMD cpu from its OEM Socket AM4 Ryzen 5 2500X to the faster spec Ryzen 7 2700X that has 8 cores/16 threads/3.7GHz and a max turbo speed of 4.3GHz/L2 cache of 4MB/ L3 
    cache of 16MB and 105W TPD which you will need better cpu cooling for. All these upgrades will give you much better an much more performance for both general usage and especially improve higher end CAD and gaming etc but, this all depends on what you want and what your budget is?

• meltonstv
    meltonstv Member Posts: 1 New User

for the nitro 50-100 with the r52500x and the rx580x installing 4x16gb dual rank sticks? is that a problem and why they sell single dual rank sticks at cl19 and a 64x4 kit cl22 which is 3200 for a 2666system im confused