when setting up this Predator Connect X5 5G it goes to connect.acer

Midlandiot
Midlandiot Member Posts: 2 New User
This discussion was created from comments split from: Next@Acer 2021: Predator Connect X5 5G CPE - Bring 5G home.

Answers

• Midlandiot
    Midlandiot Member Posts: 2 New User

when setting up this Predator Connect X5 5G CPE using the 192.168.76.1 gateway address it keeps routing to connect.acer address and fails in this address- whereas I acn access it over the 76.1 IP and connect for 20-30 seconds it keeps trying to connect using connect.acer which constantly fails … any idea why?

• Try connecting by adding port 8080: http://192.168.76.1:8080

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Tygrys
    Tygrys Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter

It should work, if the router is your DNS server. Then it understands “connect.acer” adress. In other case it stays not resolved - so this is your problem. As a workaround, you may add an entry in the hosts file in your computer:

192.168.76.1 connect.acer

The hosts file can be found in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc on Windows 10 and can be edited by the Notepad. IMHO the firmware should not change ip to the “connect.acer” name, but for some reason it is dasigned that way.