Acer Predator Helios 300 Sound comes from right front speaker

Tester1
Tester1 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in Predator Laptops

Hi all, I recently purchased an Acer Predator Helios 300. When using sound, the internal speakers only produce sound on the right side. I have checked the Windows sound control panel & ensured that the Balance levels are correct. When I run a test in the Windows control panel, the chimes are very soft when testing the left side, and very loud on the right.

I made sure Windows was updated. I uninstalled/reinstalled the default Realtek driver. I then installed an updated Realtek driver (6.0.9292.1). No change. I can lift the front of the laptop, and physically feel the vibrations only coming from the right side.

Is this normal? I would imagine this laptop has 2 speakers, but don't have another unit to confirm. Thank you.

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited March 2023

It could be that either that speaker is faulty or its not plugged in properly and you need to take the back cover and check the sound again if this speaker has its plug not connected properly or if its faulty, that is the only way that you will find the fault out, as it seems that its a hardware issue. Don’t know which exact Helios 300 model you have but the below caption is where the PH315-53s left speaker is as they are mostly situated in the same spot, so open your laptop up and see the speaker if its faulty.

• Tester1
    Tester1 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the suggestion. I opened the laptop, and confirmed both speakers were connected. As a quick test, I swapped them. The left speaker works in the right position, so the speakers themselves are good. I once again checked Windows settings to ensure the balance was not off to one side. I'm going to start a return process.

I appreciate your help.