My helios 300 PH315-52-78VL needs a motherboard replacement. please help me not screw up in buying

asocrab
asocrab Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

it is out of warranty, i have taken my laptop to two different repairers and they both told me the motherboard needs to be replaced and they cant fix it. Can anyone help me with where to buy a replacement motherboard for a decent price, and also how to not buy the Wrong motherboard. The worst possible scenario is i buy a motherboard for $500 and then it turns out it doesnt fit or cant be put in my laptop. Im not very tech-y and just need to know how i can know for 100% sure that a motherboard i buy will fit with my laptop. This is exactly what i bought, in 2020: here

If it ends up being more than $500 ish then it might be worth just getting a new pc… i dont know. any advice greatly appreciated.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited March 2023

The best way and most accurate way to get the exact fitted motherboard that you have in your laptop is to take the board out of your laptop and look at the exact Acer part number and ref numbers on your fitted board.

As far as the Predator Helios 300 PH315-52s official Acer SG is concerned (that I have access to) the model:

"Predator Helios 300 with the exact i7-9750H cpu and the GTX-1660Ti gpu (NVidia gpu number for this gpu is: Nvidia_N18E-G0) that your referenced to in Amazon the "Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop PC, 15.6" Full HD 144Hz 3ms IPS Display, Intel i7-9750H, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 16GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe SSD, Backlit Keyboard"

Which is the PH315-52-78VL" are these two boards below that I've also highlighted in the caption below and their Acer part #s are:

1. Acer motherboard Part #: NB.Q5M11.006
    2. Acer motherboard Part #: NB.Q5311.006

Here are all the mobos and their boards and a general layout diagram (for your info) that the PH315-52 has with the i7-9750H cpu (just to confuse you even more😁) which you don't need but its useful if you can't get the exact i7-9750H cpu and the GTX-1660Ti gpu board for your laptop as the other boards will also fit into the case 100% and the RTX-2060 (Nvidia_N18E-G1 gpu) is a higher end gpu board that is worth upgrading to as it will work.

The Predator Helios 300 PH315-52 came with 20 different types of motherboards with different cpu's and gpu's. But trust me the above Acer part number and the highlighted boards from the list below, one is the model boards that you have. Good luck and hope this helps you out.