Acer Aspire 8735G fingerprint drivers and media touch doesnt work properly

2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer

Well yeah, the latest being Jan 2020. But any site claiming to have Win7 updates after that time should be used with extreme caution. You can also try some of the other well-known safe freeware driver tools like DriverEasy that may pick up something DriverBooster missed.

Jack E/NJ

• Regome
    Regome Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter

So what will I do next?

• JackE

Did you try DriverEasy?

Jack E/NJ

• Regome

So what next?

• JackE

Your choice. You can continue to try about 8 more driver freeware tools. Just google search ‘best driver tools’. They each work a bit differently and one may find the right driver. Or you can install Windows 10 by making an USB installation stick by using Microsoft's USB media creation tool at this link. No 100% guarantees any of the choices will work on this old laptop but Win10 probably has the best chance.

Jack E/NJ

• Have you downloaded the drivers from this site yet? https://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/acer/laptops-desktops/aspire-8735g/67838

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Regome

@JackE Oops, I accidentally marked your answer as the answer. Anyways, I've TRIED everything by now also I've been contacting so many people about the recovery disks but no one has had them yet. I tried installing windows 10 too but the fingerprint reader still didnt work, so I assume the only way to get this working is by getting the recovery disks and I also liked the pre-installed software there. But, where can I get the recovery disks is the real question now. As I said i've been contacting so many people, so yeah. I'm out of ideas really and I just want to restore this computer.

• Regome

So the last people who can assist me is Acer or the community. I assume Acer doesn't have recovery discs for this old computer. But now maybe the community can help me with this and if someone has it I would be so happy if they could upload it to archive.org.

• JackE

Unfortunately, the original disks were specific to the serial number id (SNID), not so much the model number, because not all 8735G models were configured identically. So even if someone here had made or purchaed the original factory recovery media, there's no guarantees it will work on your machine as configured. I still suggest that whichever Wndows version you decide to install, that you google search ‘best driver tools’.and try each one to see if they can find anything on line that’ll activate the hardware.

Jack E/NJ

• Regome

Tried so many most of those so called “driver tools", all of the results have been same. To my knowledge every 8735G model was configured identically, the ones what were different were called 8735 and 8735GZ

• JackE

Sorry no. Some had Legacy BIOS only, Some UEFI, Some MBR disk partitioning. Some GPT partitioning. Different Wifi cards. Touchpads. CPUs, DVDs and some other odds and ends. Not all the same and production changes made without notice. That's why the recovery media is usually tied to the serial numbers. The Windows OEM license can also be an issue since it's tied to the machine's serial number.

Jack E/NJ

• Regome

I don't even know what happened to my Windows license, cause when I reinstall Windows It isnt activated.

• JackE

The Windows OEM licensie is embedded on a mainboard chip. Sometimes you have to jump through a few Microsoft hoops to get a non-OEM or Microsoft generic version activated. Usually just a call to an 800 number to activate it. Not a big deal but annoying nonetheless. You can usually find the original license by going the the elevated command prompt and enter ‘wmic os get serialnumber’ The result should have a OEM in the number if original Acer.

Jack E/NJ

• Have you downloaded the drivers from this site yet? https://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/acer/laptops-desktops/aspire-8735g/67838

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Regome

@egydiocoelho You asked me that question before. Anyways. Yes, I have tried downloading the drivers from that website.

• JackE

As mentioned earlier, the original Windows manufacturer's OEM license is embedded on a mainboard chip. Sometimes you have to jump through Microsoft hoops to get it activated agan. Usually just a call to a Microsoft 800 number. You can find the original OEM license by going the the elevated command prompt. Then enter ‘wmic os get serialnumber’ The result should have a OEM in the number string if it was the original Acer factory Windows version.

Jack E/NJ