Predator Helios 300 ph315-53 Hdmi not working

ProHT
ProHT Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in Predator Laptops

Hello everyone,

I have a Predator Helios 300(ph315-53), and I have a problem connecting an external monitor to it.

Used to work just fine until I made the mistake of upgrading to win11. Re-installed windows completely back to win 10 but even now it wouldn't work. the external monitor wont detect, tried usb-C to Hdmi same problem and all drivers are up to date. You have any advice?

PS: Specs i7 9th gen, and GPU RTX 2060, 16gb ram

Thanks in advance

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Did you try to turn the monitor screen on with the FN+F5 toggle key combo?

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓

Did you try to turn the monitor screen on with the FN+F5 toggle key combo?

Jack E/NJ

• ProHT

i did, and still wouldn't work, also the second monitor and the hdmi cable are working just fine, tried it with my other laptop.

• JackE

»»Re-installed windows completely back to win 10 »»

How did you do the re-installation? Did you install a Micorsoft generic version of Win10 or the Acer OEM Win10 version from the hidden factory reset partition using the ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset method?

Jack E/NJ

• ProHT

Hello JackE, thanks you for your intrest

i installed the Micorsoft generic version of Win10.

• Mahaveerlal
    Mahaveerlal Member Posts: 1 New User

Update graphics drivers: Go to the Acer support website, enter your laptop's model number, and download the latest graphics driver for your laptop. Install the driver and restart the laptop. Best Regards. https://momix-apk.com/

• JackE

OK. Open Device Manager. Do you see any red or yellow warnings?

Jack E/NJ

• ProHT

I already checked that, all clean :/

• JackE
    edited March 2023

Go to the link below . Download and install the chipset driver, the intel VGA driver & whichever model number nvidia VGA driver that you have.

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support?search=Predator%20PH315-53&filter=global_download&suggest=ph315-53;1

Jack E/NJ

• ProHT

did it all still the same probleme. I m starting to think its more like a drivers problem but i dont know where to start

• JackE

»»»installed the Micorsoft generic version of Win10.»»

The generic version is the main problem. Because the ACER OEM driivers often depend on system library files only found in the ACER OEM Win10 factory version that may be still on a hidden factory reset partition on your boot drive.

But before try to do a factory reset from the hidden reset partition, a fairly drastic & time-consuming solution, let's try to download and install iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it can pick up any GPU drivers on line that play nicer with the generic Win10 version.

Jack E/NJ

• ProHT

OK, i will do that!! Thanks a lot :)