Predator PH315-52 Predator Sense won't install/installer freezes

sulbime_guy
sulbime_guy Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 29 in Acer Software
I have a Predator PH315-52 and am trying to install Predator Sense but the installer never completes/gets stuck after a few seconds.  I used to have the Predator Sense program installed & it worked fine (i.e. fan control worked, turbo boost mode worked, etc.) but after I reinstalled Windows due to performance issues I was having the Predator Sense program just won't install! I've tried uninstalling it & reinstalling it, tried uninstalling Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable & reinstalling the latest versions (not sure if that was even necessary).  Tried running the installer as admin. Made sure no traces of Predator Sense were left by uninstalling w/ Geekuninstaller.  Still won't install.  The only thing I can think of as a reason it won't install is that my current build of Windows is Windows 11-x64 since I'm enrolled in the Windows insider program.  I'm not 100% sure but I think when it was previously working I was running Windows 10. 

I could unenroll from Windows insider & go back to Windows 10, however it would be a fresh install & erase all data, which I'd prefer not to do.  If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Try installing the net framework and also the predator sense appxbundle.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi @ sulbime_guy

One of the quickest ways to fix PredatorSense issues is to uninstall and reinstall the app. Launch the Task Manager, right-click on PredatorSense and close the app. Check again and close out of all Predator instances. Then uninstall the app and restart your computer.

• Try installing the net framework and also the predator sense appxbundle.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sulbime_guy
    Jeyam said:

Hi @ sulbime_guy

One of the quickest ways to fix PredatorSense issues is to uninstall and reinstall the app. Launch the Task Manager, right-click on PredatorSense and close the app. Check again and close out of all Predator instances. Then uninstall the app and restart your computer.

Hi @Jeyam
    I already tried this method multiple times to no avail. Any other solutions?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sulbime_guy
    This actually worked!  Granted just saying the "appxbundle" was extremely vague & it took me forever to find it (it's in the Predator Sense UWP folder then you run the f89bd4ea764e4164862cbbee69d6bf54 file which just so happens to be an "appxbundle" filetype.  ANYWAYS, I don't care how long it took to find it, I'm just so happy to finally have predator sense working again!! :)
  • oliver_r
    oliver_r Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited August 2022
    This actually worked!  Granted just saying the "appxbundle" was extremely vague & it took me forever to find it (it's in the Predator Sense UWP folder then you run the f89bd4ea764e4164862cbbee69d6bf54 file which just so happens to be an "appxbundle" filetype.  ANYWAYS, I don't care how long it took to find it, I'm just so happy to finally have predator sense working again!! :)

I have the same problem, but I have tried installing all the possible .NET appx files and the APPXBUNDLE file before the setup and still have a frozen installer. Any help would be great! _/\_
  • oliver_r
    oliver_r Member Posts: 2 New User
    oliver_r said:

I have the same problem, but I have tried installing all the possible .NET appx files and the APPXBUNDLE file before the setup and still have a frozen installer. Any help would be great! _/\_
    RESOLVED!!
    Just resolved the issue. This is a very unusual installation:

Step 1: Let the installer run and freeze. ( Refer my screenshot in my quote )
    Step 2: DO NOT TRY REMOVING AGAIN. Go to the .NET files and install the compatible ones. Then run the APPXBUNDLE file. If it shows a launch option on the small window, launch it.
    Step 3: The PredatorSense app will show it's startup animation multiple times trying to run. Let it keep running until it stops.
    Step 4: Search for PredatorSense in the start menu and try running it from there.

By this step the PredatorSense app ran on my Laptop. I apologize if this did not work using the above steps since it worked for me.

Thank you @sublime_guy and the other cool peeps who did help me a bit! Hope this helps :)
  • SM32
    SM32 Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited March 2023

I have the same issue. I dont understand the second step.can you explain it bit more

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

.NET files are within Predator Sense software zip file. Install them while at 1st screen.

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • SM32
    SM32 Member Posts: 4 New User
  • mohitx7
    mohitx7 Member Posts: 1 New User

For me this worked

How do I fix my PredatorSense app if it’s not working?

Restart the Predator Service

1. Launch Task Manager
    2. Click on the Processes tab
    3. Close all the PredatorSense processes
    4. Then, click on the Services tab
    5. Scroll down and locate the Predator Service (PSSvc)
    6. Right-click on the Predator Service
    7. Select Start

Referred to link below.

https://bestgamingtips.com/fix-predatorsense-not-working/

• panda0062
    panda0062 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 28

I also have same problem predatorsense were stuck on installation tab , so here's sort & quick solution for this problem that work for me , So after downloading file and extracting dont install from setup instead of that go to

1. PredatorSeneseUWP Folder
    2. Install every Microsoft.Net.Native.Runtime few may will not install and failed but its fine & in that last setup is Predatorsense that will work (you will know when you install all setup in order 1 after other)

I hope this will work for you too 🙏

• Alexanderjulia
    Alexanderjulia Member Posts: 4 New User

Users facing difficulties with the Predator Sense software on the Predator PH315-52 laptop, particularly issues with installation or freezing during the installation process, can try several troubleshooting steps. First, ensure that your laptop meets the minimum system requirements for the software and download the latest version from the official Acer support website. Run the installer as an administrator, temporarily disable antivirus/firewall software, and perform a clean boot to identify potential conflicts. Additionally, check for Windows updates, update graphics and chipset drivers, and consider temporarily disabling User Account Control (UAC). If the problem persists, re-download the installer to rule out file corruption. For further assistance, reaching out to Acer customer support may provide tailored guidance based on the laptop model and the specific nature of the issue.