What can be causing this problem, At random screen freezes It's like the graphic card crashes.

DLPh03n1X
DLPh03n1X Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in Predator Laptops

I recently started getting problems like “this” (check video below). When i open 2 or more tabs with streams, videos or antyhing. At random screen freezes and i can't do anything for a few seconds. It's like the graphic card crashes and restarts itself. But i'm no tech guy, that's why i'm here to ask for help.
My suspicion is, it's either the card or driver problem. The Intel one to be specific. I have installed all drivers from here

But they seem pretty outdated (2019) to me. Also i used to have similar problems happen when i was gaming and using the Nvidia one, but Nvidia Experience updated the drivers and it's been fine since then. Is there a program to detect and update them like Nvidia Experience did, but for Intel? So i can try and fix this issue or it's not even connected to what i think it is at all?

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Could be one stream's using the nvidia GPU to feed the screen while the other stream's using the Intel GPU to feed the screen. Takes time to switch. Have you tried to watch PredatorSense GPU usage while this is going on?

Jack E/NJ

• DLPh03n1X

Tinkerer

But they both were using the Intel one in this case. And also no, you mean the process thing right ? Cause i don't really see a connection with it and the 2 windows videos playing.

• JackE

No. Not a process thing. Predator Sense is an Acer application that monitors Intel CPU/GPU and nvidia GPU temperatures. Search Windows start menu ‘Predator Sense’. It should appear near top of menu.

Jack E/NJ

• DLPh03n1X

Tinkerer

Sorry i don't seem to undestand what it has to do with the whole thing or what exactly to look for in it.

• Pop_Rockz
    Pop_Rockz Member Posts: 40 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited March 2023

Click on “Start” and type “Computer Management”. Click and open it. Select “Device Manager” from left side.

Double-click or expand “Display Adapters”. Double click on your Intel Graphics adapter. Select the “Driver” tab. Click on “Update driver” and then select “Search automatically for updated driver software”.

If any updates are available then this should update it. You need to be connected to internet.

• DLPh03n1X

Tinkerer

Edit: Something like this or

• DLPh03n1X

Tinkerer

Yeah i've done that. I've also deleted and reinstalled them like this. The only update it finds, it's the one that is posted in the driver page for my laptop in Acers site. But the “newest” is from 2019.

• Pop_Rockz

How old is your laptop? And since when did you start facing this problem?

• Pop_Rockz

This definitely looks like Intel graphics problem. How did it start? Did you install something? Update something that caused this problem?

• JackE

»>Sorry i don't seem to undestand what it has to do with the whole thing or what exactly to look for in it.»»

Predator Sense if running might let you see what's happening with CPU/GPU & nvidia GPU usage when freezing happens.

Jack E/NJ

• Pop_Rockz

His Predator Sense software doesn't show any nvidia GPU usage. So problem must be with Intel Graphics. As to his main question, where to get the latest Intel Graphics, you really can't get it outside of what Acer provided in their website. Universal Intel Graphics drivers from Intel's website is not compatible with laptops, as laptop manufacturers tweak Intel graphics for their specific model.

Right now there's only two solutions:

1. If its a software issue, do a clean install of Windows and install the drivers from Acer website along with the latest BIOS update. Plus if running Windows 11, then switch back to Windows 10. Because the drivers are from 2019 and specifically made for Windows 10, there maybe some compatibility issues with Windows 11 coz of old non-updated drivers.
    2. If the issue is still not solved then you really can't do anything else from software perspective. Take it to Acer service center.

• JackE

Doesn't matter. I'd like to see what's happening to whatever processor is running when this happens.

Jack E/NJ

• Does this issue also occur when disabling hardware acceleration in the browser?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DLPh03n1X

Tinkerer

Bought it October 2020. Latest driver 2019. Both the one in Acer driver page and windows update match. Deleted and reinstalled either way, doesn't change anything.
    And no i haven't installed anything new, at all. I just opened 3 streams to get rewards and stuff and i noticed it flickering when i move my mouse while they running. Also if i lower their graphic to lowest they run fine, untill i open some more up. (I've did some testing while trying to replicate the problem for the recordings)

I've send a video above, with Sense open in the same time, literally nothing happens. Except the flickering.

I don't even know where to find that in both browsers. I tested the problem with Mozilla only, Chrome only and different tabs from both. Screen starts flickering when i move my mouse when there's multiple videos running. And the lower the video settings, the more i can open before it starts flickering.
    Like i had 2 streams going on “Source” quality it was 50/50 chance of flickering. The moment i opened a 3rd it's close to 90% chance of flickering. When i dropped quality to lowest. Those 3 running streams give like 5% or less of flickering chance.

• JackE

»»>Screen starts flickering when i move my mouse when there's multiple videos running»»

Frankly, I see this quite often depending on video. Not only flickering, but stuttering and halting too. If I stop moving the mouse, video resumes normally after a brief moment or two. I usually have only one stream going. Definitely gets much worse if two are running. I think it's merely a limitation of my system and graphics capabilities which aren't as good as your predator's. So I deal with it by running only one stream at a time.

Jack E/NJ

• The image is in Portuguese. But you will find the feature here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)