How much storage can I add? How about the RAM? Aspire 5 A514-55-34f7

marierasco
marierasco Member Posts: 1 New User

I've been trying to find the answer online but all i find is "HDD Upgrade Kit ready". but what I'm trying to find is what's the maximum I can add to my laptop. For the RAM I saw that the maximum i can add is 16gb, May i have confirmation on this? Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Yes, you can install up to 16GB DDR4 3200MHz module in the slot, avoid buying any modules with XMP profile because it will not function with the soldered RAM, as for the storage, if you want to add a 2.5" HDD, you can upgrade up to 2TB, if you want to install a 2.5" SSD, you can install 4TB or higher.

If you don't want to add a 2.5" HDD or a SSD, you can also upgrade the current M.2 SSD to a 1TB M.2 NVMe Gen 4 SSD.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Yes, you can install up to 16GB DDR4 3200MHz module in the slot, avoid buying any modules with XMP profile because it will not function with the soldered RAM, as for the storage, if you want to add a 2.5" HDD, you can upgrade up to 2TB, if you want to install a 2.5" SSD, you can install 4TB or higher.

If you don't want to add a 2.5" HDD or a SSD, you can also upgrade the current M.2 SSD to a 1TB M.2 NVMe Gen 4 SSD.

• Son_of_Gakwe
    Son_of_Gakwe Member Posts: 1 New User

As a follow up question for @brummyfan2, I have a the same laptop but it came with 8gb stock RAM, says a max of 20gb (on the crucial website), however if I buy 16gb + 8gb = 24gb, which is more than 20gb.. So should I purchase the 8gb instead or will the 16gb work?