Output and Input Audio not Detected

ACL1998
ACL1998 Member Posts: 2 New User

I tried to unistall the driver, restarted the laptop and scan for hardware changes in Device Manager but the issue still not resolved. Then, I downloaded the driver and installed that driver but still the same. Please help me.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited February 2023

What is the exact laptop model number. You should not have sound drivers in Other devices in Device Manager, all you sound drivers should be like the highlighted drivers in the caption below.

Try this first, go to Other Devices in Device Manager and in Sound, video and game controllers too, right click, then Properties >Driver >Update Driver >Browse my computer for drivers >Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer and pick a driver from what is in the list, if there is no drivers in the Other Devices list to pick from, then you will have to uninstall all the drivers in Sound video and game controllers and reinstall the Realtek, Intel and NVidia audio drivers from the Acer Drivers & Manuals for your laptop, or use the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and reinstall (if you have an NVidia card) to the latest NVidia driver and use this driver Clean Install otion that will uninstall all previous graphics and audio drivers for NVidia , try that as that is what I did and it worked 100%.

• ACL1998
    ACL1998 Member Posts: 2 New User

My laptop is an Acer Swift 3. (Model SF314-55G). The serial number for this product is NXH5WSM00192800FD07200. I already reinstalled Realtek(R) Audio, which solved the device not detected issue, but I can only hear audio through earphones. I am unable to hear audio from the laptop speaker, and the laptop does not detect sound from the laptop mic or earphone.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Right click each of those three and open Properties. Go to the Details tab and give us the Hardware IDs for each. There is obviously a driver issue with them, and the ID will help determine just which driver needs to be there.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.