I opened my R15 laptop this morning to work on some things and I cannot click in the password box :(

dhaley1
dhaley1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Does anyone know a work around to fix this issue?? I cannot click in the password box at all or even on the power button in the lower right hand corner.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,430 Trailblazer

Use the Tab key to navigate around the screen until the password box is highlighted.

Jack E/NJ

• benjamins
    benjamins Member Posts: 1 New User

This issue can be caused by a variety of factors, including hardware issues, software bugs, or outdated drivers. To troubleshoot the problem, you can try the following steps:

1. Restart the laptop: Sometimes, simply restarting the laptop can resolve the issue.
    2. Check for software updates: Ensure that your laptop's operating system and drivers are up-to-date by checking for software updates.
    3. Disable touchpad or external mouse: If you have an external mouse connected, disconnect it and see if the issue persists. If it does, try disabling the touchpad from the device manager.
    4. Uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver: Go to the device manager and uninstall the touchpad driver. Then, restart the laptop and allow the operating system to automatically reinstall the driver.
    5. Perform a system restore: If the issue started after a recent software or driver update, you can try restoring the system to a previous state when the touchpad was working correctly.
    6. Hardware check: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, it is possible that there may be a hardware problem with the touchpad. You can try testing the touchpad with a different computer or seek assistance from the manufacturer.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, it may be best to seek professional assistance from a technician.

• JackE

Use the Tab key to navigate around the screen until the password box is highlighted.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE

>>>Does anyone know a work around to fix this issue??>>>

Jack E/NJ

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,989 Pathfinder

Try a USB external keyboard, if that works boot to BIOS and change the Keyboard PS/2 setting, save settings on exit and reboot.

• leesry
    leesry Member Posts: 1 New User

I am using an Acer i5 7th generation laptop to book the appointment at Premiere Dental, but I cannot open it. I am using the Chrome browser, and it says please update your browser when I open the website. Can anyone tell me if it is due to a virus, laptop, or browser?

• JackE

Use FireFox browser instead of Chrome or Edge.

Jack E/NJ