Acer A315-41-R69L BIOS and CTRL keys issue

Handika
Handika Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 2023 in Aspire Laptops
hello folks, I have my Acer A315-41-R69L work properly until I left my laptop on sleep mode for one day. The day I turned on my laptop it was working but with lack of speed. And then I realize that my both ctrl buttons are not working properly. I can't do ctrl+V or any ctrl command. When I press another key and then I press my ctrl button as soon as possible it will act as I press the previous button. 

I thought it's the bios problems so I tried to search any keyboard configuration on my bios but I don't find any. After searching on the internet I decided to upgrade my bios. But the bios update just adds more problems to me. My laptop can't boot to my OS (I can say it as bootloop). But the bootloop problem goes away when I plug my laptop to AC power. After I'm on my windows I find that my ctrl keys are still don't working. Can someone help me with these problems?

thank you
[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• FrancisRumsky
    FrancisRumsky Member Posts: 2 New User

Both of my Ctrl keys have stopped working as well. It totally sucks. Recently they would stop working and then start again but so far today they are both just not working. I used an online keyboard tester and neither key registered. I tried uninstalling the keyboard and restarting the computer to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe it is a hardware issues, I am not sure of the keyboard design but it seems odd that both CTRL keys would stop at the same time. I wonder if I could reassign the CTRL functionality to the Fn key? I can get by without that one a lot easier.

• Gana4066
    Gana4066 Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hi @Handika

It seems like the issue is with your laptop's keyboard. The Ctrl keys are not working correctly and boot loop issues could be due to various factors, including software conflicts, outdated drivers, or hardware problems.

To resolve the issue with your Ctrl keys, try the following steps:

1. Update the keyboard drivers: Go to the device manager and check if any updates are available for your keyboard drivers.
    2. Check for software conflicts: Disable any anti-virus or firewall temporarily and check if the Ctrl keys are working correctly.
    3. Restore the system: If the above steps don't work, try restoring your laptop to a previous point when the Ctrl keys were working fine.

For the boot loop issue, try the following:

1. Boot into safe mode: Boot into safe mode and check if the issue persists. If not, it could be a software-related issue.
    2. Uninstall recent updates: If the issue started after installing an update, try uninstalling it and check if it resolves the problem.
    3. Check the hard drive: Boot into a Windows installation media and run a check disk command to check if there are any issues with the hard drive.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's best to take your laptop to a repair center for further diagnosis and repair.

Thanks, and Please like if this information is helpful