Need Windows11 Touch Screen Driver for UT241Y 24” Monitor

MsTCB
MsTCB Member Posts: 3 New User

I am beyond disappointed after purchasing this 24” monitor to learn that the touch screen does not support Windows 11. I have contacted Support & Sales. No help! I need to know if Acer is working on updating its drivers to support Windows 11. I bought it specially for the touch screen.

Best Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

So the touch function is carried over the USB port, so that also needs to be connected , drivers wise, windows 11 can use windows 11 drivers so once the USB is conncted it should just pull down the driver automatically, may need a reboot though

• MsTCB
    Answer ✓

Thank you to both Billsey & Leostat.The USBC cable was connected to the tower & screen when I was working with the agent who told me I had done everything correctly & that there was no more he could think of.

So, I just checked again, only to find that the cable to the screen was disconnected It is a very short cable! I reconnected it & the touch screen now works!!

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to help me!!!

Can you send me info or a link to purchase a longer USBC to USBC cable…. And maybe also a USB to USB Cable

Thanks again!!!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Touchscreen should only use the USB connection and the generic driver. Do you have the right USB connected to the monitor?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MsTCB

thanks

I don’t understand. This touchscreen monitor is for a tower not a laptop. It is connected via HDMI.

Acer clearly says (after I checked on Amazon) this touchscreen works with Windows 10. There is no driver for Windows 11.

So frustrated.

• Leostat
    Answer ✓

So the touch function is carried over the USB port, so that also needs to be connected , drivers wise, windows 11 can use windows 11 drivers so once the USB is conncted it should just pull down the driver automatically, may need a reboot though

• MsTCB
    Answer ✓

Thank you to both Billsey & Leostat.The USBC cable was connected to the tower & screen when I was working with the agent who told me I had done everything correctly & that there was no more he could think of.

So, I just checked again, only to find that the cable to the screen was disconnected It is a very short cable! I reconnected it & the touch screen now works!!

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to help me!!!

Can you send me info or a link to purchase a longer USBC to USBC cable…. And maybe also a USB to USB Cable

Thanks again!!!

• Leostat

Its why we hang around here :D

So i dont like suggesting specific brands for stuff, as its better to be a bit impartial (even if it is an acer forum aha) , but Amazon Basics has a great selecion of ok quaility stuff ( https://amzn.to/3X7Ebiq ) and we always go for Startech dongles and cables in my company ( https://amzn.to/3HwuULj https://amzn.to/3x352BD ) usually any cable brand will do though as long as its not marketed as charging only . I find online much better than in store for most cables and dongles, i think the local pc world charges like 20 quid for a mid length USB c cable!