Forza Horizon 4 not detected by True Game app get error if I manually select EXE-file PH315-55s-SL93

Tokyo01
Tokyo01 Member Posts: 20 Networker
edited February 2023 in SpatialLabs

The True Game app does not detect Forza Horizon 4.

I have installed the game in the default folder and the game runs without problems in 2D. Furthermore, it is also recognized by GeForce Experience.

True Game allows me to add folders manually in the search for games function, so I have tried to add the path “\Program Files\” on my C-drive manually as the game is installed in a sub folder of it, but it is still not recognized.

Lastly, I have tried to manually copy past a link to the Forza Horizon EXE-file, but then I get an error that the game cannot be played in 3D. After this it is no longer possible to edit or change the link to the EXE-file.

Anybody knows how to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance.

[Edited the thread to add the Title ]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

A SpatialLabsApp update was due out late Jan. But still don't see it yet at this link. Still the old 9/22 version that you could try to re-install anyway just in case your's is corrupt in some way or you somehow have an earlier version. Like the rest of us users, you'll just have to keep checking this driver link for the update to see if it fixes the issue with FH4. We're not Acer Tech or customer service support reps so we have no way of knowing if/when the update will actually appear, only that it was supposed to show up already a few days ago. Sorry.

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support?search=Predator%20PH315-55s&filter=global_download&suggest=ph315-55s;1

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE

It might help if you could reveal your full model number. For example, CN715-73G?

Jack E/NJ

• Tokyo01

Than you for the reply, JackE. I have the Acer PH315-55s-SL93Z Predator Helios 300 SpatialLabs Edition laptop and I have bought and downloaded Forza Horizon 4 from the Microsoft store.

• Tokyo01

Hi JackE,

The games has been installed correctly and works in 2D.

The problem is that it not is detected by the True Game application.

I have noticed that other users have similar issues with various games.

Assume that this is a bug or specific settings have to be done to get the games to work.

• JackE

This workaround was reported by other users for Forza5. Might work if you haven't tried it yet.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/1168515/#Comment_1168515

Jack E/NJ

• Tokyo01

The workaround for Forza Horizon 5 does not work with Forza Horizon 4. The TrueGame app does not recognize Forza Horizon 4 after I have launched it in 2D and changed settings to default. Btw, I also have Forza Horizon 5 and it works fine in 3D.

There was feedback in another thread that the TrueGame supposedly will recognize supported games if they are recognized by the GeForce Experience app. In my case, both Forza Horizon 5 and Forza Horizon 4 are recognized by the GeForce Experience app, but for some reason Forza Horizon 4 is not recognized by the TrueGame app.

• JackE

>>>The workaround for Forza Horizon 5 does not work with Forza Horizon 4.>>>>Forza Horizon 5 ... works fine in 3D.>>>>

Your ACER hardware doesn't seem to be the issue. The Forza software is more likely. If you haven't done so already, you might want to consider posting this issue on the FH4 forums. https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Forza-Horizon-4/forum

Jack E/NJ

• Tokyo01

Forza Horizon 4 works fine in 2D when launched directly outside the TrueGame app. The Acer hardware also works fine.

The problem is in the TrueGame app which has been developed by Acer.

I doubt that anybody from the Forza Horizon 4 forums can help with troubleshooting for it.

Acer is the company which offers the TrueGame app. Hence, it is their responsible to provide bug fixes and/or proper instructions for how to use it.

• JackE

I suppose indirectly since they sorta partnered with SpatialLabs. I guess they might eventually get around to it but are probably focussing on selling newer games. FH4 & 5 both seem to be on their 3D title list . What edition do you have?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1293830/Forza_Horizon_4/

Jack E/NJ

• Tokyo01

I have the full bundle that covers Forza Horizon 4, Forza Horizon 5, and all expansion packs.

Did a full reinstall and tried to install the standard version of Forza Horizon 4 to see if it would make any difference. However, the TrueGame still doesn't recognize the game.

• JackE
    edited February 2023

>>>>Did a full reinstall>>>

What do you mean by full reinstall? The factory OEM Windows system from the hidden factory reset partition? Or FH4 standard?

Jack E/NJ

• Tokyo01

First a full reinstall of Windows from the hidden factory reset partition and then a clean installation of the FH4 standard version.

• JackE
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

A SpatialLabsApp update was due out late Jan. But still don't see it yet at this link. Still the old 9/22 version that you could try to re-install anyway just in case your's is corrupt in some way or you somehow have an earlier version. Like the rest of us users, you'll just have to keep checking this driver link for the update to see if it fixes the issue with FH4. We're not Acer Tech or customer service support reps so we have no way of knowing if/when the update will actually appear, only that it was supposed to show up already a few days ago. Sorry.

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support?search=Predator%20PH315-55s&filter=global_download&suggest=ph315-55s;1

Jack E/NJ

• Tokyo01

Hi JackE,

Thank you very much for sharing the links. I really appreaciate you support. Especially considering that you not are Acer Tech or a customer service support rep.

I was looking for a download location for the specific drivers and applications for the Acer PH315-55s, so the link was a big help.

Let me try to reinstall it and see if it helps and alternatively wait for the update of the Spatiallabs Experience Center which was supposed to be out in late January. Hopefully, it is just around the corner.

I have also had a chance to test a couple of other games. Shadow of the Tomb Raider and God of War work without any issues. The 3D experience is excellent in these games. I am really starting to think that it was worth the purchase and I hope this technology is going to get wider attention and reach to a broader audience in the near future.

• JackE

>>>>Let me try to reinstall it and see if it helps>>>

OK. Please let us know the results. Thanks.

Jack E/NJ

• Tokyo01

Unfortunately, a reinstall of the Spatiallabs Experience Center including the TrueGame application didn't solve the issue.

I managed to get the TrueGame application to discover FH4 automatically by manually adding the search path in the settings.

However, I get an error message when launching the game saying (see screenshot below):

3D activation failure. Failed to launch the game in stereo 3D mode. Error code: 1

I have a feeling that the issue might be related to security settings and access permissions because FH4 is installed in a hidden subfolder called WindowsApps inside the Program Files folder. It was necessary to change the access permissions for the WindowsApps folder in order to become able to open it as default access permissions were system only. Other Microsoft GamePass games are installed in a non-hidden folder called XboxGames which is located in the root of my C-drive that I freely can access without change of access permissions.

I think there is no choice but for me to find a way to report the issue directly to Acer or hope the issue will be fixed with the expected update for the Spatiallabs Experience Center. I have high hopes for the update as it supposedly is going to include a new 3D Ultra mode. More info available at the following link:

Acer Pushes Limits of 3D Gaming with 3D Ultra Mode in SpatialLabs TrueGame (prnewswire.com)

Btw, I have also been playing around with more of the games which are supported by the TrueGame application as several are available with a standard Microsoft GamePass subscription. Several failed to launch with default settings but start working after I have launched them in 2D and adjusted the video settings. Typically, the games must be configured to run in full screen mode in max resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 with V-sync set to 60hz. I have tested various different video settings in FH4 but continue to get the above-mentioned error message.

• JackE

>>>I think there is no choice but for me to find a way to report the issue directly to Acer or hope the issue will be fixed with the expected update for the Spatiallabs Experience Center.>>>

Here's a related link. for you to ponder. The TrueGame version number designations --- 0.x.xx.0 --- seem to suggest unstable betas so far. Accordingly, I think Acer aware of the issues with more updates to follow. This is clearly still immature bleeding-edge tech.

What TrueGame version number displays in your setup now?

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/674988/3d-activation-failure-failed-to-launch-the-game-in-stereo-3d-mode-error-code-1-in-ph315-55s#latest

Jack E/NJ

• Tokyo01

The TrueGame application has finally been updated to version 0.7.74.0. See screenshots below. I can confirm that several games now are available in the 3D Ultra mode with massive improvements. Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Kena: Bridge of Spirits are now a much more fluent experience and pleasant to look at. I do not get any eye strain from them and there is no longer any visible screen door effect to me. There are also more new games. It is not all games that are available in the new 3D Ultra mode and FH4 is still not working. I will patiently wait for further updates and enjoy the improvements that came with this one.

• JackE

>>>The TrueGame application has finally been updated to version 0.7.74.0>>>

Thanks for report. Still a big zero on the leading edge of that update. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• Mary_1996
    Mary_1996 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello @Tokyo01, are you trying to run the Steam version of Forza 4 or the Microsoft Store version?