Can't install Windows on m2 SSD on Aspire 5 A515-54G-57RF

JhonHart1992
JhonHart1992 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 2020 in Aspire Laptops
Greeting, 
So I purchased new laptop few days ago. It has WDC PC SN520 SDAPNUW-256G-1014 M2 SSD, I'm bumping in the same issue: Windows 10 installer can't see M2 SSD as a repository for OS installation. However as shown on screenshots BIOS can see SSD as "HDD1", at this point I'm lost. Also, the BIOS setting is quite unhelpful there are no such options as: "Auto detect M.2"  Laptop is equipped with a single SSD so there is no option of installing OS on another drive-updating BIOS and reinstalling OS. 
Added all BIOS options that I have, looking for some help. Thanks in advance.  

[Comment edited to remove S/N.]

Best Answer

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JhonHart1992
    JhonHart1992 Member Posts: 2 New User
    egydiocoelho 

Thanks a lot! that solves my issue, windows installed and up and running. Tho I do have a few more questions, and maybe you might be able to help. 
    First of all, laptop is kinda loud, I mean with no applications running (just pure windows 10) fans is way to loud. And a second, touchpad for some reasons is not feeling well, I've installed all drives that were recommended with this laptop,   
  • You're welcome. Can you inform the bios version and the touchpad model?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AntonDekov28
    AntonDekov28 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi. Yesterday i bought a new acer aspire 5 A515-56G. I have the same issue. It seems that a lot of people have problem with installing windows due to the error "no drive to install windows. I'm with 512GB SSD which is shown as HDD1 in my bios. I've seen a lot of solutions in the acer community but none of them seems to work for me. Using ctrl + s in main doesn't show anything rather than "VMD controller on/of" and "touchpad". Can't install no windows at all. The laptop has a Free DOS. I will be thankful if someone could help me. In addition my email is a.a.dekov@gmail.com. I will be very thankful if someone can help me in any way.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ricky_martin
    ricky_martin Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just created this acer account to tell everyone that this one works 100% after 1 whole day of troubleshooting my laptop, this saved my day. Thank you. May you have an RTX3090Ti like right now haha

• I just created this acer account to tell everyone that this one works 100% after 1 whole day of troubleshooting my laptop, this saved my day. Thank you. May you have an RTX3090Ti like right now haha

You are welcome my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nicklove
    nicklove Member Posts: 1 New User

Here is the solution that worked for me on Acer A515-57. Download IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver from the Acer website for your laptop, and extract files to the same flash drive that you have bootable windows on. Once you are at the window where you don't see any SSD and can't install windows, click load drivers. Browse to the folder you extracted previously and hit enter. It will find compatible drivers, I selected the first one on the list and clicked install. After that, I was able so to see my SSD and install windows!

• Peinver
    Peinver Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2023

Hello I’ve been traying install W11 on my laptop Acer Aspire 5 , 6 hours, and I haven’t been able until I found this thread. The key has been Catrl + s , because I had not trackpad and I couldn’t select the files the driver’s folder . Thanks a lot

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer