Acer Smart Display da220hql

Shamrocklad
Shamrocklad Member Posts: 2 New User

I just received delivery of mine and there is no touchscreen functionality at all either in Android mode or when acting as a monitor. I've tried everything including resetting the hardware by disconnecting the powercord etc, also I tried factory resetting Android  .. nothing worked. I fear it's a hardware issue. On a related question .. is there any way to adjust the On Screen Display (OSD) other than via touchscreen ? That also seems to be the only way to change the volume as well as toggle between Android and a monitor. Otherwise the lack of touchscreen capability wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me. Thanks in advance. 

Answers

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon
  • trevincy
    trevincy Member Posts: 1 New User

I got a refurbished one from GROUPON 3 weeks ago.   It arrived without any touch functionality.  I looked everywhere to see if I could fix it (updated firmware, shutdown/startup several times, etc), but I had to return it.   

• gooselee
    gooselee Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm wondering if anyone else found a solution to this?

Just got mine and the touch is completely unusable. This was a refurb'd replacement model and is not returnable, and shipping costs for warranty work is prohibitive (for the cost I got it, I'd much rather just toss it in the trash...).

When I turn on the touch overlay in debug mode, often my touches don't register at all, and others they register as multi-touch, or away from where my finger is, and just jumps around everywhere. Any thoughts on what to try?

• Shamrocklad
    Shamrocklad Member Posts: 2 New User

I tried everything I could think of to no avail. Eventually sent it back for a refund. Very disappointed that they didn't have a replacement. 

• gooselee
    gooselee Member Posts: 2 New User

Rrgh. My touch did start working, but it's off an on. Sometimes it's usable (but still not good), and sometimes it's completely erratic. The company I got it from is offering to exchange, but it's not worth the shipping to me.

I guess I'll have to find some way to use it with keyboard/mouse...or just toss it in the trash. Sucks, because the product concept itself is nice. Just executed poorly.

• DatTape
    DatTape Member Posts: 2 New User

Sorry, but I know nothing about this unit, I have just realized it was available. I have a question for this item. I want to hang it on my wall and plug my external 1.5TB harddrive in to it and plug this thing into my tv. (Use it for basically a touchscreen media center hooked to my tv), Can this unit do that?

Also, I have a security system. I have it hooked to an external monitor. Since it has vga output. Can I use a convert cable to plug my security system into this touchscreen and have a touchscreen camera system?

• cendanamg
    cendanamg Member Posts: 1 New User

hello, i have the same situation.  refurbished, expired warranty, updated, but stuck on acer logo-- wont boot to the android os.  on the product support page, it says: "The Acer DA220HQL does not have a hardware reset option. If a hardware reset is required, please contact Acer support."  dont know where to go from here.  the kernel and the drivers are provided on the acer driver downloads page.  maybe someone can develop the os further-- xda developers for example since ics is open source.  

links: 

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29908

http://www.acer.fr/ac/fr/FR/content/drivers    ; group: monitors; series: d series; product: da220hql

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2274326

This discussion has been closed.