Acer Aspire C24-1650 all-in-one How do I use ear phones?

Daresay
Daresay Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2023 in All-In-One PCs

I have an Acer Aspire C24-1650 all-in-one. I want to listen to various YouTube videos and music with earphones. Aside from the ridiculous location of the plug-in (in the back of the all-in-one), I have a problem: When I listen, the whole room can hear what I hear in my headphones, which defeats the purpose of head/ear phones! Is there a setting for this? I can't find my Acer manual so I'm trying to find an answer online. Please.....can anyone help? Thanks for any response.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

OK, your C24-1650 is an Intel based system with one of the Realtek audio codecs. It should have Realtek audio drivers and a Realtek audio utility. My guess it's got the output device set to a speaker array, so it uses all speakers, instead of just to your headset. Change it either in the utility or in sound settings.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓

You can use an audio extender cable (M-F) to move the plug somewhere more convenient... Not as elegant as a front jack, but easier than reaching around to the back.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓

OK, your C24-1650 is an Intel based system with one of the Realtek audio codecs. It should have Realtek audio drivers and a Realtek audio utility. My guess it's got the output device set to a speaker array, so it uses all speakers, instead of just to your headset. Change it either in the utility or in sound settings.

• Daresay
    Daresay Member Posts: 4 New User

Thank you Billsey, that did the trick! Who knew????? Now if only I could find a way to get the plug moved to the front or side, I'd be over the moon. As it is, I have to rearrange furniture to use the headphones!

• billsey
    Answer ✓

You can use an audio extender cable (M-F) to move the plug somewhere more convenient... Not as elegant as a front jack, but easier than reaching around to the back.