Acer Aspire 7 A715-5G Battery draining issue

mu_z_ik_lvr
mu_z_ik_lvr Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2023 in Aspire Laptops

My new acer aspire 7 i5 12 th gen A715-5G charging normally from 0-30 and after that charge increases 30 -100 in less than 1 minute.

And also it drains very fastly that it only lasts for less than 1 hour

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

The model A715-5G does not exist. Do you mean A715-51G? If yes, try to reset the battery.

If no succes, I suggest to contact your dealer if your machine is still under warranty.

Answers

• wascas
    Answer ✓

The model A715-5G does not exist. Do you mean A715-51G? If yes, try to reset the battery.

If no succes, I suggest to contact your dealer if your machine is still under warranty.

• mu_z_ik_lvr
    mu_z_ik_lvr Member Posts: 3 New User

Sorry for my typing mistake its not 5G its 51G.I just tried your method that to reset the battery now iam getting some more battery backup than earlier but there is a new problem that it wont turn on when i press power button and it will only turn on when plugged in.I have done resetting my battery 2-3 times when not turn on without plugged in.After resetting it will turn on the battery power otherwise it wont.This problem doesnt occuring daily its like happening once in a week that the laptop wont turn on when i press power button.

• wascas
    edited January 2023

Download hwinfo and have a look at the wear level of your battery at the left side of the smart battery menu.

I think it's a problem with the battery, motherboard or charging electronics. Please contact ACER to check the machine or contact your dealer if your machine is still under warranty.

https://www.acer.com/de-de/languages