Gateway GWTC116 Storage/Memory Upgradeability WHERE can I find a manual for it online?

Rich45
Rich45 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2023 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks

Gateway referred me here for this question but there was no "Gateway" category to pick:

Is this model of Gateway UPGRADEABLE either in Hard Drive OR RAM?

(There was no User Manual at their website or anything else under this model. Their Tech Supp. has only an answering machine, lol! Its being sold in Walmarts and I need to verify these capabilities before buying. )

WHERE can I find a manual for it online?

Complete Model Number: GWTC116-2BL (GWTC116-2BK)

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• No, it can’t, according to Gateway in the Q and A section of the GWTC116-2 page at their official site. “Unfortunately the RAM cannot be upgraded because it is built into the motherboard”. Source: https://gatewayusa.com/GWTC116-2.html, don't know much about these as the only way you can increase this 11.6" tablets storage is with a micro-SD card or an external drive into its 3.0 USB

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Yes, that's one of the special models built just for the one vendor,and you have to contact the vendor themselves for any support. IIRC it's a Walmart design.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SDCCD58640Rich
    SDCCD58640Rich Member Posts: 4 New User

Not at their website. Nevermind Im just going to get an HP.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

A good part of the reason it was so affordable was because Walmart contracted with Acer to build it to their specs and Walmart would provide all the support, so Acer didn't have to charge them for after sales issues. You get what you pay for...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.