Aspire M5 - 481PT - 6488 auto shuts down. Checked with repair team but, they could not find issue

Kabin
Kabin Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2023 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks

Why my laptop goes auto off after every 30 minute. I tried to diifferent shop and repairing center but on one can detect it. Probably possibility of motherboad issue . How can i fix it? I buy this on 2015 but i did not use more than 6 month and now battery also dead

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder

@Kabin

May i have the model number of the laptop?

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Kabin

Aspire M5 Series

Z09

M5 - 481PT - 6488

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Your Aspire M5-481PT isn't a Chromebook, so I'll ask the moderators to move this thread appropriately. At the age it is it wouldn't be unusual for the battery to have failed. A bad battery wouldn't cause a shutdown every 30 minutes though. Is it exactly 30 minutes? Running on battery or with the charger plugged in?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kabin
    edited January 2023

Thnks for your resoponse.. and sorry may be wrong,i dont have idea about it. I did not used for more than 2/3 years so its the reason for battry, but the automatic power off problem is from the beginning. I tried it in my country and here in qatar also but no one give me exact reson for auto off. its not exactly 30 min, approx only. Repair shop guess may be it is motherboard defect.

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Does it happen both when the laptop is plugged in as well as when running on battery? Does it warn you before the shutdown?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.