Acer nitro 5 AN515-52 GeForce GTX 1050 dont work

AbdooZeedo
AbdooZeedo Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

hello, i have a nitro 5 8GB memory AN515-52 i7 8th Gen with geforce 1050 Win 10 64bit Build 19043 SMBIOS 3.0

Bios version 1.28

GTX 1050 with driver version 30.0.14.7141

The question is:

The graphics card isn't working when I open games or graphics creation and editing applications.

In the "Device Manager", under "Display adapters" 2 items appear:

Intel UHD Graphics 630
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

(ps.: "Power Options" set to "High Performance")

WHAT I TRIED TO DO:

I've already tried to uninstall the drivers and install with drivers downloaded directly from the Acer website that I had already saved in a folder. always worked, but now it's not working.

I again downloaded everything updated (7/23/21). I installed it through the device manager and it recognized all the drivers, including the one from GeForce.

I restarted and it still doesn't work, although with the driver installed correctly.

With win update active, I tried again and installed it, but it doesn't work either.

I installed GeForce Experience. and everything has been cleaned and re-installed, but it still doesn't activate the card. In the program it claims that the installed drivers are the most up-to-date.

NEED HELP:

I don't know how to solve this as the card appears in the "device manager", the drivers were installed correctly but the card effectively doesn't work.

I don't know if this happens often, because in several forums I've searched, I've seen no problem where the drivers are installed correctly and the card still doesn't work.

Thanks and I hope someone can help. Thank you very much.

the other thing i found about directx 12. dont have support for geforce 1050. i ´ve tried do uninstall directx 12 but its came native in new versions of win 10. i tried to uninstall using regedit. but when i tried to install 9 or 11.. instalation requires internet, so the instalation updates automatic to 12

i dont know what else should try to fix that... appreciate if someone help me with that...

Best Answer

• AbdooZeedo

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    solved .. the win 10 version 21H do not work properly... i've installed the older version (18 and 19) and its work fine.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,073 Pathfinder
    @AbdooZeedo
    Follow steps which are shown below-
    -Open the Nvidia Control Panel. One way to do that is right-clicking on an empty space on the desktop and choosing Nvidia Control Panel from the menu. 
    - Navigate to 3D Settings > Manage 3D Settings.
    - Open the tab Program Settings and choose the game from the dropdown menu. 
    - Next, select the preferred graphics processor for this program from the second dropdown. Your Nvidia GPU should show as High performance Nvidia processor.
    -So, select High performance Nvidia processor
    -
    Finally, save your changes. Your game should now run with the dedicated Nvidia GPU. 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • AbdooZeedo

Tinkerer

no way... besides.. im not use this laptop only for games.. gtx 1050 some how is not working... like i said.. all drivers are installed correctly several times, and all is up-to-date... but still not working

• AbdooZeedo

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    solved .. the win 10 version 21H do not work properly... i've installed the older version (18 and 19) and its work fine.
  • Whab1995
    Whab1995 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have same problem with my laptop Nitro 5 AN515-51-75CK, it has Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, Intel GPU work very good but Nvidia GPU not working and when I tried to Install Nvidia Driver on every method the blue screen showed up say "What failed: nvlddmkm.sys", and error number 43 on CMD check and device manager.

I tried every video I saw in YouTube and try to install the first version of Windows on my laptop it is Windows 10 version 1511 it has DirectX 11.2 but nothing changes even with Windows 10 version 2018 same problem.

If you know how to solve the problem tall me.

• EloyBGB
    EloyBGB Member Posts: 1 New User

Same problem, i dont know what to do, i have tried everything. I even put a ssd and installed windows from 0, and didn´t work