What performance upgrades can I make to my C24-865 for playing games more smoothly?

ambirch
ambirch Member Posts: 3 New User

Here are my current out-of-the-box specs. Can I make any upgrades that will allow me to play games more smoothly?

Operating System

Operating System

Windows 10 Home

Operating System Architecture

64-bit

Upgradable Windows OS

Yes

Processor

Processor Manufacturer

Intel®

Processor Type

Core™ i5

Processor Model

i5-8250U

Processor Speed

1.60 GHz

Processor Core

Quad-core (4 Core™)

Processor Generation

8th Gen

Display & Graphics

Graphics Controller Manufacturer

Intel®

Graphics Controller Model

UHD Graphics 620

Graphics Memory Technology

DDR4 SDRAM

Graphics Memory Accessibility

Shared

Screen Size

23.8"

Display Screen Type

Active Matrix TFT Color LCD

Backlight Technology

LED

Touchscreen

No

Screen Resolution

1920 x 1080

Memory

Memory Standard

DDR4-2133/PC4-17000

Memory Card Reader

Yes

Answers

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ambirch

Thank you. I had to laugh when I saw that this computer is listed as a "tree trunk" for gaming. That's been about my experience, haha.

It looks like the biggest problem is the GPU, which they rate at 5%. I appreciate your advice on the SSD and RAM, but wouldn't I get bigger returns from a GPU upgrade? Is that not possible with this build? Thanks again.

• ambirch

I got my question answered by reading some other forums. Looks like the GPU is integrated into the MB and not replaceable. Thanks again for your help.

• It is not possible to install a dedicated video card. There is no slot available on the motherboard. Furthermore, it is an ALL IN ONE. This computer is basically a laptop. The only upgrade options are ram and ssd.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

Yes, an upgrade to an M.2 SSD is the biggest bang for your buck, but it's not going to make the AIO into a gaming rig... It looks like the M.2 supports an NVMe x2 drive, an x4 will run at x2 speeds.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.