A515-45-R74Z is the ram upgradeable? Thanks in advance!

JuanS21
JuanS21 Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi, I'm planning to buy this laptop and I want be sure that the ram can be upgraded.

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

Hello!!

@ArctiKV2,

Please look the below image explaining the System Memory.

Hope this helps you in planning on upgrading the RAM.

Regard,

Balatekie

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Sylvester029
    Sylvester029 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I think it is upgradable, just make it sure it has same mhz and its advice to have the same gb if you want a dual channel of ram.
  • Unglu3d
    Unglu3d Member Posts: 1 New User
    Did you purchase this laptop? I am curious if it has two memory slots or just one? 
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

Hello!!

@ArctiKV2,

Please look the below image explaining the System Memory.

Hope this helps you in planning on upgrading the RAM.

Regard,

Balatekie

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• SentryGun
    SentryGun Member Posts: 2 New User

I have personally tried to upgrade it, don't believe the lies and unhelpful customer service scripts, aspire 4 a515-45-r74z only has ONE memory slot, compatible with a max of 16gb.

• bearco
    bearco Member Posts: 2 New User

Only one extra slot on mine. I added another 8GB to match the size on the mother board. Still trying to figure if it's better to max it out by adding a 16GB. Can't seem to get a straight answer to that.

• KanagawaTomasu
    KanagawaTomasu Member Posts: 145 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon

Bearco,

If your laptop has 8 Gigabytes and you added a second stick of 8 Gigabytes, THEN you are good to go.

You have 16 GB or RAM operating in Dual Channel. (Even if it is not the MAX allowed in your PC.)

by comparison; my laptop has 4 GB on the board and 4 GB in the (only) RAM slot. I installed an 8 GB Dimm. I now have 12 Gigabytes, an improvement to be sure, but perhaps NOT Dual Channel. I had the 8 GB RAM dimm, that I took out of another computer. I did not think it worth the trouble to buy a 16 GB stick of RAM to make 20 GB (my MAX) but still not Dual Channel.

Again, you are Good to Go! Cheers.