Better Performance by DISABLING Performance Mode

osuweller
osuweller Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2022 in Predator Den
This is just a quick message to all those who may not be computer whizzes like myself but got this cpu to game and maybe do your taxes.  I was fighting a stuttering computer that lagged something awful, I had to restart multiple times in the middle of DCS flight sim, and all other games I played.  Since I have a separate monitor, I always plug in my Predator 300.  I have the I7 and I load all my games from a samsung 1tb ssd, and increased the ram to 32 gb, so I thought I should be money playing my flight sim.  But I kept having this awful slowdowns, to the point even MS Word stuttered and was way slow even typing single letters.  I noticed my gpu was always running at 3.4 ghz which is the about as high as it can go.  I had the power settings in "better performance" since I didnt care about battery as I am always plugged in.  I changed that to Balanced, and all my stuttering, slowdown, godawful laggy cpu problems went away, just like that.  So, If anyone else has this happen, change your power settings to balanced, NOT high performance.  Now I am sure there are some situations where HP mode may be better, but I immediately noticed improved gaming experience, lower cpu usage viewed thru task manager, and generally a better running rig.  

Comments

• pcgamer
    pcgamer Member Posts: 3 New User
    hi thanks but where did u change this settign please
  • pcgamer said:
    hi thanks but where did u change this settign please
    Hi,
    Go to Power Options(right click battery icon in Taskbar) and select Balance plan.

• Jameswalter
    Jameswalter Member Posts: 71 Troubleshooter

You should ask Acer Support if there is a setting (in the BIOS?) to change the Power Plan back and forth, as this is not standard for most models unless they have dual or switchable graphics cards. 

Regards,

James

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator

Hi Jameswalter,

Thank you for joining Acer community.

It looks like you have posted a comment in one of the older threads. This may not get attention from the user or the other community members. We request you to create a new topic with detailed issue and model name.

Regards,

Acer-Samuel

This discussion has been closed.