The ethernet port on my Aspier E5-575G has come loose and is now unusable, is it fixable?

Farquad
Farquad Member Posts: 1 New User
The expandable port on my laptop for an ethernet cable usually springs close when there's no cable, but now does not. The lower flap just hangs open, so if I attempt to use ethernet, the cable will just fall out. The actual port works fine if i hold the cable in at a specific angle, so it seems fine internally, but this makes it pretty much impossible to use ethernet. My warranty ended 6 months ago and I'm not sure where I could get this fixed

Answers

• FrustratedAc3rUser
    FrustratedAc3rUser Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited December 2022

I think we all should sue Acer to replace for free this garbage ports. I am a professional worker and many many times I fail to provide the right work because I have to spend a lot of time trying to figure the best position for the ethernet cable to do the right conexion, and man, streess me out horrible! I will never ever buy another Acer computer.

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator

Hi FrustratedAc3rUser,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

We request you to create a new topic with issue detail and model name. This helps us to look in for possible solutions and help you better.

You can also reach our Acer support at Select Your Location and Language | Acer United States

Regards,

Acer-Samuel