Keyboard lights up but system won't start. Nitro 5 AN-515-55-57YK

SpringleD
SpringleD Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2022 in Nitro Gaming
I bought my son a Nitro 5 AN-515-55-57YK for school and gaming and it worked perfectly for 11 months, but then one day the screen went black while he was playing it and it no longer starts up, unfortunately there were two months between me buying it and giving it too him at the start of the school year, so it's out warranty and ACER want $250 upfront just to look at it, then there's postage on top of that, and then the cost of repairs or being told it's unfixable, so figure I may as well try troubleshoot it myself. I tried a local computer store but he was useless, and straight out told me to go buy a new one. When you turn it on the keyboard lights up, the fans run briefly and then stop but that's it, nothing else happens. We've tried the battery reset procedure for our model and it didn't work. I tried removing the battery and plugging directly into the power with it disconnected but still nothing. I've tried reseating both the RAM and the SDD. Can anyone please advise me on what could possibly be causing this and how to go about troubleshooting it? The day I took it to the computer store, it did actually turn on, but the guy hadn't plugged it in and the battery went flat before we could do anything, and then it wouldn't start up again. The only thing he told me, (other than to go buy a new one) was that because the light wasn't flashing it meant the hard drive wasn't working.

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi @ SpringleD 

If your keyboard backlight is sensor-activated and it doesn't work anymore, there's a chance an outdated or corrupt driver is causing the problem. To fix it, you should update your keyboard driver. Here is how you can do it: Right-click Start > Device manager.

• SpringleD
    SpringleD Member Posts: 2 New User
    Jeyam said:

Hi @ SpringleD 

If your keyboard backlight is sensor-activated and it doesn't work anymore, there's a chance an outdated or corrupt driver is causing the problem. To fix it, you should update your keyboard driver. Here is how you can do it: Right-click Start > Device manager.

Thanks for your comment but I think you miss read what I wrote, the computer wont turn on the only thing that turns on are the keyboard lights, and the fans run for a few seconds.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @SpringleD,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • I have a question: is the image displayed, when you connect an external monitor? Can you test with another ram?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • pcesar
    pcesar Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm having the exactly same issue... Did you solve it?

• Achmanning
    Achmanning Member Posts: 1 New User

Having exactly the same issue. Nothing happens with the screen, just keyboard lighting up, then power down

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)