Aspire A715-42G - Game looks very blurry after reinstalling windows

Chandlerb
Chandlerb Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2022 in Swift and Spin Series

I had to reinstall windows 11 due to some issues but it seems like reinstalling windows removed all the previous drivers too. Since then the volume and brightness boxes are no longer in the center.

But the major issue is that the game I play Splitgate looks very low resolution and had no audio after booting into a game. Since then I've installed Geforcenow and AMD vga driver version 31.0.12002.92 which fixed the audio issue and the game is significantly less blurry now but the blur is still there, it does not look like a 1080p resolution. I've checked in-game setting which are at 1080p.

Is this a driver issue? If so, which one should I install to fix this?

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044

@Chandlerb

Try windows x 

go to device manager 

expand display adapter

right click on display driver - uninstall 

Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working 

Uninstall the display adapter from device manager 

Don’t restart the computer. 

Go to support.acer.com 

chose your country 

type snid or chose your model 

go to drivers 

Install the display driver 

It should work fine.. 

In the same manner go to drivers and applicaiton and install the desired applications.

Go to support.acer.com 

chose your country 

type snid or chose your model 

go to drivers  - Install all the other drivers

Go to application - Install all the applications.

It should work fine.. 

Alternatively, kindly use the link given below to install the drivers and applications for your model - You can even chose the right operating system on the drop down menu before installing the drivers. Chosing windows 10 or Windows 11 on the drop down menu will show you the appropriate drivers. You can go to applications and install the desired applications.

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support?filter=global_download&search=A715-42G

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Chandlerb

@William_mk2

I cannot go back to windows at least for a while. I did try your method of uninstalling display adapter and downloading from the support page but the can't install nvidia vga driver, any idea why?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Which NVIDIA GPU is installed on your system, IIRC they had either a 1650 or 3050. The drivers are different for each. I see that Acer has two versions of those drivers on their support site for W11, if the version 31 doesn't work try the version 27.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Chandlerb

@billsey

gtx 1650

I tried both 31 and 27 versions, doesn't fix the issue for me.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

So it looks like NVIDIA has newer drivers than what you were trying. Give them a try.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.