My Computer stuck in windows 10 Education. could not change it Swift SF314-54G

DummBoii
DummBoii Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited December 2022 in Windows 10

I use a Swift SF314-54G. After disconnecting from my school, my computer started to have problems. Firstly, my school installed Windows 10 Education Edition and software to limit and control our computer usage, which I then removed by the disconnecting my organisation gmail. However, I was still stuck on Windows 10 Education Edition with my :D drive disappearing and all my admin account information gone, this includes the built in administrator account too. They still exist as I checked in lusrmgr.msc but when I start my computer I can only log into one account with no admin rights which is the one I am currently using. Not to mention, my User Account Control is also glitched with the password text box gone and only a "No" button left. This prevents me from resetting my computer or installing any software to get me out of this scenario.  This also means that any bootable media installation cannot be done due to User Account Control. When I pressed Alt+F10 to try and boot the computer, error 0xc000000f occurs. When I Shift+Restart my computer, the reset PC option is also gone with me instantly directed to advanced options. If I manually do it from settings, User Account Control prevents me from resetting it. Please help me get out of this scenario. Below are the pictures of my User Account Control glitched page. This has gone on for about 2 weeks now.

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail]

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

>>>. I have fixed my PC.>>>

Congratulations. Could you please reveal the solution so that others might benefit from your success. That is the purpose of the user forums. Acer users like you trying to help other Acer user like the rest of us. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The the drive is likely dead... If it's a new one, swap it with your vendor for a replacement.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• JackE

>>>>After disconnecting from my school, my computer started to have problems. Firstly, my school installed Windows 10 Education Edition and software to limit and control our computer usage, which I then removed by the disconnecting my organisation gmail.>>>>

Did you purchase the machine from the school?

Jack E/NJ

• DummBoii

Tinkerer

It was my personal computer but I had to turn it in to the IT department to install the software.

• JackE

>>>It was my personal computer but I had to turn it in to the IT department to install the software.>>>

What was the original factory-installed operating system --- if any ---- before you turned it in to the IT department?

Jack E/NJ

• DummBoii

Tinkerer

The original factory installed operating system was a Windows 10 Home which I then updated into a Windows 11 Home.

• JackE

>>>the reset PC option is also gone with me instantly directed to advanced options.>>>

The original hidden factory OEM Win10-Home recovery partition on the boot drive is probably no longer available after installing Win11-Home and then to Win10-EE.

Try this. Press WIN+R. Enter 'diskmgmt.msc' Post screenshot of result if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• DummBoii

Tinkerer

The result given is "Access Denied".

• JackE
    1. Search Windows start mene 'cmd'.
    2. Right click on command prompt near top of menu.
    3. Click 'run as administrator'.
    4. Enter 'diskmgmt.msc' at the command prompt.
    5. Post screenshot of result

Jack E/NJ

• billsey

You likely need to have the IT folks from the school add your account to the Administrators group so you can fix it. Without that level of access you won't be able to get it back to normal without a full reinstall of the OS.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DummBoii

Tinkerer

When I try to run as administrator, the User Account Control pops out.

• JackE

Enter admin as the username and admin as the password. If that doesn't work, then you must contact the school to give you administrator privileges.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey

Admin/admin is very unlikely to work on a Windows machine, those are never the defaults...

• JackE

They are standard defaults for many Windows networking devices. This is not a standard Windows setup. Easy to try. If they don't work, the school has to unlock it.

Jack E/NJ

• DummBoii

Tinkerer

Thank you for your assistance. I have fixed my PC.

• billsey

What did you have to do?

• JackE
    Answer ✓

>>>. I have fixed my PC.>>>

Congratulations. Could you please reveal the solution so that others might benefit from your success. That is the purpose of the user forums. Acer users like you trying to help other Acer user like the rest of us. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• DummBoii

Tinkerer

I feel like my scenario is really specific and rare but I’m happy to help.

I remembered the passcodes to my administrator accounts and tried using the runas command. “runas /:user cmd” (for the user just insert your own username). After I got admin access, I gave the current account admin rights in case anything went wrong. With that my User Account Control was also fixed and the option to type in a passcode and the yes button were back.

However I’m still struggling to retrieve my D Drive. I hope the suggestion above helps.

• JackE

>>>I’m still struggling to retrieve my D Drive.>>>

Can you see it in Control Panel Disk Manager? Or by entering 'list disk' or 'list volume' at the Diskpart prompt?

Jack E/NJ

• DummBoii

Tinkerer

My hard drive is written as Disk 1 there and it is not initialised. Initialising it will lead to a data error (cyclic redundancy check). If I run chkdsk there is an error saying data folder not found.

• JackE

Chkdsk usually can't be used if it's not visible in FileExplorer.

Go to the elevated command prompt. Enter 'diskpart' . At the diskpart prompt, enter 'list disk'. Then 'list volume'. Please post screenshot of result.

Jack E/NJ

• Can you also send a screenshot of disk manager?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)