Nitro 5, AN515-57-98LN performance issue such as low frame rate while gaming etc?

CDX
CDX Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 in Nitro Gaming

Hi there,

Anyone out there has the same model as I am AN515-57-98LN or similar specs with performance issue such as low frame rate while gaming etc? I'm getting about 100fps for MW 2 (2022) benchmark and my graphics are set medium to low with DLSS performance mode.

About 100 to 130fps for Vermintide 2 benchmark with medium settings

My CPU running hot at 92c degree with max fan speed with cooling pad . Been to ACER service center for diagnostic and the results are the same. The support told me that it's due to turbo boost which lead s to High Temperature.

I couldn't believe such high spec perform somewhat exactly AN515-57 (i5 and RTX3060 ). I'm helpless, local service center won't do anything. I felt ripped off with the price I get

AN515-57-98LN Specs: i9-1190H , RTX 3070 , 16GB of RAM and 1TB SSD storage . Windows 10

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084

@CDX

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.

Kindly go through the details from the link given below to gain fps

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2

@CDX

If it is still not working then we have to do a refresh and reset

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 

or 

on start - type here to search - type reset this pc - click on reset this pc on the top - click on get started 

It will show you keep my files and remove everything

chose keep my files 

chose the account - type the password - click on local reinstall - click on reset 

It will be in progress.. 

login to computer and start using the computer. 

If it is still not working 

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 

chose remove everything 

click on local reinstall - just remove my files - click on reset

It will be in progress

Note:

If you do refresh ( keep my files ) - all your personal files like pictures, music , documents , videos will still be intact.  Only the applications will be lost

If you do reset ( remove everything ) - you are doing a factory default.  It will become like a day one computer.  It will wipe out everything and take your computer to day one like a new computer. 

You can also do the recovery in an alternative way..

There are two alt keys on the keyboard. If you look at the bottom row of keyboard you can see the one on the left side of space bar and the other on the right side of space bar. The alt key on the right side will be looking like alt, alt gr or alt car. Turn off the computer. Hold the alt key on the left and tap f10 continuously.  It will go to repair mode. It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot.  If it is not going to repair mode, turn off the computer. Turn on the computer. Hold the right alt key ( alt gr or alt car or alt ) and then tap f10 continuously. It will go to chose an option continue and troubleshoot..

It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot

Go to troubleshoot - click on reset this pc

click on keep my files ( only applications will be lost )  chose your account and type your password  - click on local reinstall - click on reset

It will be in progress 

If the keep my files option is not working 

Go to troubleshoot - click on reset this pc – click on remove everything – click on local reinstall – just remove my files – click on reset 

It will reinstall windows. 

If the just remove my files is not working.. 

Go to troubleshoot - click on reset this pc – click on remove everything – click on local reinstall – Fully clean the drive – click on reset 

It will reinstall windows. 

Note: You can also go to chose an option , continue , troubleshoot by holding the alt key + tapping f10 or alt gr + tapping f10 on the keyboard while turning on the computer.  Once you see the troubleshoot option, you can stop tapping the f10 and stop holding the alt key.  Then you can try the keep my files and remove everything ( just remove by files and fully clean the drive ) by following the steps which was mentioned above. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• CDX

Tinkerer

edited November 2022

@William_mk2

Hi there,

I've tried downgrade from windows 11 hom to windows 10 version. Fresh start and minimum application running in the background. Updated windows patch etc and the results are the same

I can try the rest of the steps as provided and update here again

• William_mk2

@CDX

Thanks for the update.

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• CDX

Tinkerer

edited November 2022

@William_mk2

I'm more afraid of my unit has defects and local service center won't acknowledge it. If there's proof on other unit can run better than mine ( stock settings).... Well at least had things to fight for replacement or sort...

In the first place, I don't know what is to expect for this specific model, its hard to find results. Other nitro 5 model with lower spec like 1140H rtx 3060 can run better or similar performance (some YouTube link). Price vs performance is way terrible imo

• CDX

Tinkerer

edited December 2022

@William_mk2

No luck on the windows optimization

frame rates still goes around 100 fps to 70 fps / avg 80fps for games like vermintide 2 , MW 2 or other games. CPU hit 92c max load about 30% .

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,297 Pathfinder
    edited December 2022

-Is it dual channel 16GB ram or single channel in your laptop?

-Use cooling with stands for better air flow like shown in image

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566