How to insert & eject CDs from my Acer Predator PO-3-600 Desktop/tower

Margot007
Margot007 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I've had this Desktop for a few years and only now need to copy files onto a CD but I'm unclear how to do this and want to avoid guessing that may result in damaging something.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Those are standard slimline drives, the same as used in laptops. Set the disc in place and put a little pressure at the center and it will snap into place. It's not like the older big drives, where they sat in the tray with only gravity holding them in place.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    edited November 2022

@Margot007

Click on the yellow folder on the taskbar. The taskbar is on the bottom of the screen

It will open file explorer

click on "This Pc" It will show different drives along with the C drive. It will also show the dvd or cdrom drive.

right click on dvd icon

click on eject.

It will open the door.

Alternatively you can also click on the button next to dvd door to open the door.

Insert the rewritable disk or a blank writable disk. Close the door. Wait for some time.

Simply drag and drop the files.

You can even use a third party software to copy the files.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Margot007

Tinkerer

Thank you

William, unfortunately that part I already knew, having burned thousands of CDs literally in my lifetime. It's just that this one is different, feels very flimsy and when I try to load the disc, the door won't close. That's why I was hoping for a YouTube or something that provided more explanation about how to actually load the disc without breaking the flimsy tray. Please see photos.

• Margot007

Tinkerer

looks like only one photo uploaded here's another. The previous one shows what happens when you first eject the tray, to get it out further requires manual effort

• The problem may be in the position of the computer's case. Place the case horizontally.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Margot007

Tinkerer

After owning PC's for decades, never thought having an easily accessible Disc drawer/burner would be an issue. Definite design flaw if this was Acer's intention.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited December 2022

@Margot007 The problem was solved by placing the case horizontally?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Margot007

Tinkerer

Not for me it wasn't - the tower is in a very small area with no easy way to do this. I'll buy an external disc reader/burner. Any recommendations?

• Have you ever looked for a usb dvd?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Those are standard slimline drives, the same as used in laptops. Set the disc in place and put a little pressure at the center and it will snap into place. It's not like the older big drives, where they sat in the tray with only gravity holding them in place.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Margot007

Tinkerer

Thank you Billsey - I thought this might be the case, except this, especially where I have the tower is hard to access/load vertically. I tried snapping it into place to no avail because couldn't get the tray to close. Definitely a design flaw and something I missed in selecting this PC. Already ordered an external device to use.

• The only way is to take the dvd drive apart and test the tray eject motor with a multimeter on the resistance scale to see if the tray comes out and goes in. You can also use an asymmetric source at 5v as well. It is a procedure similar to this:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Margot007

Tinkerer

LOL, won't be doing that anytime soon. 😣