Acer 25xv2q f 390hz monitor only going up to 360hz in windows

DG3339
DG3339 Member Posts: 3 New User
I recently got the fire legend version of this monitor from micro center and when i try to use 390hz in windows it defaults back to 360hz when i turn on overclock on the monitors settings it stays on but if i turn on refresh rate number in the monitor settings it still say 360hz i was able to 390hz when i first got the monitor but my windows was corrupted and I had to reinstall it now it wont allow me to go 390hz but it still pops up as a option I don't have a NVIDIA GPU so I cant use NVIDIA control panel to change it there I tried ordering a new display port cable that says it can get 390hz 1080p and the issue is still there.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    In both cases I'd say it's related to the GPU. Either new drivers have issues with that refresh rate or the hardware just doesn't support it...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    @DG3339 does your PC has a discrete GPU like AMD or Nvidia?
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • cartoonCL
    cartoonCL Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2022
    Hey, I am also unable to select the 390Hz display option on windows, even though i have the overclock setting turned in the monitor's settings. Got the monitor today, was wondering why I have this issue. I have an AMD Radeon 6600 XT as my GPU currently, maybe its an issue with not having NVIDIA GPU's?

(Fire Legend model aswell)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    In both cases I'd say it's related to the GPU. Either new drivers have issues with that refresh rate or the hardware just doesn't support it...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DG3339
    AnhEZ28 said:
    @DG3339 does your PC has a discrete GPU like AMD or Nvidia?
    Yea I have 6800xt i think it might just be a issue with the gpu drivers from the comments ive read.

• DG3339
    cartoonCL said:
    Hey, I am also unable to select the 390Hz display option on windows, even though i have the overclock setting turned in the monitor's settings. Got the monitor today, was wondering why I have this issue. I have an AMD Radeon 6600 XT as my GPU currently, maybe its an issue with not having NVIDIA GPU's?

(Fire Legend model aswell)

I have a 6800xt so it might just a amd issue
  • iamhim
    iamhim Member Posts: 1 New User

im trying to figure out how to set my monitor to 390 hz and whenever i go to nvidia control panel it only shows 240 hz? any help will be appreciatyed

• susybaka
    susybaka Member Posts: 1 New User

@iamhim There is no way you have't figured it out by now but if you somehow still did't it is probably because ur using a hdmi cable instead of a display port 1.4.