Touchpad is lagging even after installing drivers in Acer one 14 Z2-493

Ratnakar3
Ratnakar3 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2022 in Chromebooks

My Acer one 14 Z2-493 laptop's touchpad is not working and I have been trying to contact support, since 5 days but no response. And for surprise this is my new laptop. I will be happy if anyone replies here with a solution .

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon
    edited November 2022

Is your machine under warranty?

• Ratnakar3

Yes it is there

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon

Then I suggest to contact your dealer.

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044

@Ratnakar3

I understand you are using the model Acer one 14 Z2-493 and it is a Windows operating system

If you are using a chrome operating system on this computer please let us know. I understand your touchpad is not working

Try fn + f6 or f6 alone or fn + f7 or f7 alone on keyboard to disable and enable the touchpad. 

Please look at the key f6 and f7 key on keyboard .  You can see the hand symbol with fingers .  That denotes the touchpad function key.  On some models it will be on f6 and some models it will be on f7.  So we need to use the right key depending upon the laptop model .  If fn + f7 is not working then we have to use f7 alone to make it to work.   

On some old laptop models there will be a separate button right next to touch pad area which is below the space bar. It is used to turn on and off the touch pad. On some old models it will be right next to power button.  On all new models, f7 key is used to enable and disable the touch pad. 

If you would like to disable and enable the touchpad, please press and hold fn key on the keyboard and then press f6 or f7 once.  If the touchpad is not getting disabled you can either press f6 alone or f7 alone without holding the fn key.   It is used to enable or disable the touchpad..   

After disabling and enabling the touchpad check how it is working.. 

If it is still not working 

Go to support.acer.com 

chose your country 

type snid or chose your model 

go to drivers - Install the i/o drivers first and then install the touch pad driver 

It should work fine.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Can you provide the exact model? Example Z2-493-5890.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ratnakar3

Yes i was about to do that.

Yes i tried enabling and disabling through settings too. But it just works for few minutes and it doesn't work after that.

And yes i also tried searching drivers online through acer support. But i did not get there. As they gave me the drivers in a CD along with my laptop . I installed Ctrl center Drivers and it is still showing the same problem. So i guess i have to return it back.

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    edited December 2022

@Ratnakar3

We need to determine whether it is a hardware or software issue. Let us try one more step.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience..  Let us do the basic steps first..

Doing the power drain and bios defaults will really help. Kindly follow the steps given below:

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down. On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and – sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer. Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you don’t find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery. Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down. On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door. Just below that you can find a latch. If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed, flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

If you don’t see a reset pin hole on the back of laptop or if you are not able to remove the battery (if it is inbuilt) then please unplug all the cables and devices out of laptop.  Hold the power button for 1 minute. After releasing the button you should wait a while before plugging in power. Just because the button has been pressed doesn’t bleed off all the residual electricity on the motherboard. Wait 15-30 minutes before plugging in power. Then once power is connected wait for a full battery indication before turning the system on. That allows the battery to fully reset it’s internal statistics.

Connect all the cables back and restart the computer.  

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It will go to bios. Press f9 once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear. Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.  

Now check the touchpad.

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working then we have to do a refresh and reset

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 

or 

on start - type here to search - type reset this pc - click on reset this pc on the top - click on get started 

It will show you keep my files and remove everything

chose keep my files 

chose the account - type the password - click on local reinstall - click on reset 

It will be in progress.. 

login to computer and start using the computer. 

If it is still not working 

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 

chose remove everything 

click on local reinstall - just remove my files - click on reset

It will be in progress

Note:

If you do refresh ( keep my files ) - all your personal files like pictures, music , documents , videos will still be intact.  Only the applications will be lost

If you do reset ( remove everything ) - you are doing a factory default.  It will become like a day one computer.  It will wipe out everything and take your computer to day one like a new computer. 

You can also do the recovery in an alternative way..

There are two alt keys on the keyboard. If you look at the bottom row of keyboard you can see the one on the left side of space bar and the other on the right side of space bar. The alt key on the right side will be looking like alt, alt gr or alt car. Turn off the computer. Hold the alt key on the left and tap f10 continuously.  It will go to repair mode. It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot.  If it is not going to repair mode, turn off the computer. Turn on the computer. Hold the right alt key ( alt gr or alt car or alt ) and then tap f10 continuously. It will go to chose an option continue and troubleshoot..

It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot

Go to troubleshoot - click on reset this pc

click on keep my files ( only applications will be lost )  chose your account and type your password  - click on local reinstall - click on reset

It will be in progress 

If the keep my files option is not working 

Go to troubleshoot - click on reset this pc – click on remove everything – click on local reinstall – just remove my files – click on reset 

It will reinstall windows. 

If the just remove my files is not working.. 

Go to troubleshoot - click on reset this pc – click on remove everything – click on local reinstall – Fully clean the drive – click on reset 

It will reinstall windows. 

Note: You can also go to chose an option , continue , troubleshoot by holding the alt key + tapping f10 or alt gr + tapping f10 on the keyboard while turning on the computer.  Once you see the troubleshoot option, you can stop tapping the f10 and stop holding the alt key.  Then you can try the keep my files and remove everything ( just remove by files and fully clean the drive ) by following the steps which was mentioned above. 

Even after reinstalling windows if you are facing the same touchpad issue then it might be a hardware issue.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Are you sure the model is the Z2-493? I'm trying the drivers and bios on the acer website and it doesn't find this model.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

I believe the Z2-493 is an India only model series.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.