Led blinkt orange in Chromebook

kathi696
kathi696 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in Chromebooks

ORIGINAL

Heyy, ich habe mein chromebook jetzt 2 monate nicht benutzt.. versuche grade es aufzuladen aber leider blinkt das licht einfach nur rot.. hab gelesen dass man den baterie reset knopf auf der rückseite drücken soll, finde diesen aber nicht… habe ein chromebook 315.. ich bitte um hilfe meine eltern töten mich wenn der kaputt ist

TRANSLATED

Heyy, I haven't used my Chromebook for 2 months now.. I'm trying to charge it but unfortunately the light just flashes red.. I read that you should press the battery reset button on the back, but can't find it... I have a Chromebook 315 .. I ask for help, my parents will kill me if it breaks

[Edited the content by translating from German to English]

Answers

• Do a battery reset like below first:

If the above doesn't work, then you have to do a hard reset by taking the main battery and the rtc/bios batteries out and the ram out (clean the ram pins and ram mobo port also) leave all components disconnected for 15min and then reconnect as all this should reset your laptop and make the charging sequence work, if not then it could be your charger or battery or internal power circuitry issues that need analyzing by an experienced tech from Acer or a local tech in your area.

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044

@kathi696

I understand you say "I haven't used my chromebook for 2 months now.. trying to charge it but unfortunately the light just flashes red.. read that you should press the battery reset button on the back, but can't find it... have a chromebook 315 "

Kindly do the steps given below.

Hold the power button for 1 min continuously. Computer wiill turn off

Unplug the charger cable.

Press and hold the power button for 1 min continously

Connect the charger cable and try to turn on the computer.

If it is still not working..

It might also be the issue with battery, charger or power outlet.  Try to use the charger in a different room on a different power outlet. Try to bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to power outlet.  Try to use an alternative charger if possible.  Try to turn on the computer without the charger and check it ( as long as the battery is not drained out )  

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★