Forgot my password now it's asking me for a pin number in aspire 1

Philly69
Philly69 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2022 in Aspire Laptops

I can't get on to my aspire 1laptop I've forgotten my password and now it's asking me for a pin number

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    edited November 2022

@Philly69

If you know the pin, please type the pin. If you are unable to login..

Go to sign on options - There will be two icons - chose password instead of pin. Type the password - check what message you are getting..

If it is a local account - you will get a message - your password is incorect - try again

If it is a microsoft account - you will get a message - go to account.live.com/password/reset and then reset the password.

There are two ways you can login one by using a local account and the other way is by using a microsoft account with a email address.

If you are using a local account then please try to use the password with the caps lock on and off.  Try to use on screen keyboard and type the password. If the password you are using is having a name and number ( alpha numeric ) then you can enable or disable the number lock by using fn + f11 or fn + f12 and then you can type the regular password.  If you are having an external keyboard try to type the password using the external keyboard and check.  If it is still not working try to use the onscreen keyboard. On the lower right corner of screen, please click on the ease of access access icon and then chose on screen keyboard option to use the onscreen keyboard. 

You can also try to login by using a pin or password. 

If you are not able to login using pin – click on sign in options below the password box – chose password or pin option and then try to sign in with the appropriate option. 

If you have forgotten the password of  microoft account then you can go to website https://account.live.com/password/reset  on a different device or computer and then you can reset the password.    It will send you a code to your phone or email to reset the password.    After resetting the password you can try to login with a new password.

Please look at the lower left corner of the login screen.  You might see multiple users.  If you are able to see multiple users please click on the right user and then try to login.  

If it is still not working then you have to do a factory reset. 

These are steps to do the reset .. 

Try to type a wrong password on a login screen.  It will show you the power button on the lower left or right corner of screen.  Click on power button on the lower right or left corner of screen.  It will show you sleep, shutdown or restart.   Try to hold the shift key on the lower left corner of keyboard and then click on restart.  Keep holding the shift key till you see - Use a device , continue , troubleshoot

It will show you – use device, continue , troubleshoot

click on troubleshoot – reset this pc – remove everything – local reinstall – just remove my files – reset

Reset will be in progress

Note: Doing reset will wipe out all data.  

Step 2 

If it is still not working you have to follow these steps. There are two alt keys on the keyboard. If you look at the bottom row of keyboard you can see the one on the left side of space bar and the other on the right side of space bar. The alt key on the right side will be looking like alt, alt gr or alt car. Turn off the computer. Hold the alt key on the left and tap f10 continuously.  It will go to repair mode. It will show you – use device, continue , troubleshoot. If it is not going to repair mode, turn off the computer. Turn on the computer. Hold the right alt key ( alt gr or alt car or alt ) and then tap f10 continuously. It will go to repair mode. It will show you – use device, continue , troubleshoot.  Click on troubleshoot – reset this pc – remove everything – local reinstall – just remove my files – reset  Reset will be in progress

If you do reset ( remove everything ) - you are doing a factory default.  It will become like a day one computer.  It will wipe out everything and take your computer to day one like a new computer.  You can setup a new password and you can login and use the computer. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• brianfrenchto
    brianfrenchto Member Posts: 2 New User

Horrible interface and programming. Waste of money who designed this he should be fired.

I want a laptop not a programming nightmare. Am close to frisbeeing it off my roof.