Slow booting after second SSD in Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54-58CL

danielpcl
danielpcl Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2022 in Nitro Gaming

Hello friends.

I have a Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54-58CL, wich already had a 120 GB SSD and a 1 TB HDD.

I bought a new 512 GB SSD, and installed it as the second SSD, but after this, the boot is now too slow (taking around 3-5 minutes to see the Windows login screen).

What can be the cause of this? I can see both SSD drivers in BIOS, and already tried to change minor things in BIOS, but nothing worked.

After the login screen appears, I can do whatever I want and use both SSD without any issues.

Also, after intalling the second SSD, the coolers are always making a lot of noise.

Any ideia on how to solve this?

Thanks!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer

Search Windows start menu 'cmd'. Right click command prompt appearing near top menu. Click run as administrator. At the command prompt enter 'diskpart'. At the diskpart prompt enter 'list disk'. Post screeshot of result if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• danielpcl
    danielpcl Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi JackE, thanks for your answers.

But, I did format the first SSD (the one wich game with the notebook) and now everything works fine.

I didn't had to do anything with my second SSD neither de HDD. Now the boot time looks great.

Anyway, thanks for your time.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer

Congratulations! Thanks for reporting back on your success. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• About the fans speeding up when you installed a second ssd, some users solved this problem by installing a heatsink over the pch.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)