Tedos
Tedos Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Intel core7 9700 graphics card, memory, motherboard 

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Any of those cards will work, just be aware that some will also require an upgrade to the power supply. IIRC you have 500W right now and a 3090 for instance requires 750W.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Pretty much everything, though replacing the motherboard will likely not be nice and clean since the front ports for the case are built into the current MB. What kind of storage do you have now? SSD or HDD or both? Upgrading from a HDD to SSD is the biggest bang for your buck you'll be able to do. Next upgrade after that really depends on where you might be bottlenecking now. Usually I go SSD, memory, GPU/PSU then processor...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Tedos

Tinkerer

I have ssd and hdd and what I want to upgrade is only the graphics card.
  • Tedos

Tinkerer

What I have is i7 9700 RTX 2070  ssd512 hdd 1T
    I want to upgrade only the graphics card so what graphics card I can get 3070, 3080 or 3090.
  • A7max96
    A7max96 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Tedos said:
    What I have is i7 9700 RTX 2070  ssd512 hdd 1T
    I want to upgrade only the graphics card so what graphics card I can get 3070, 3080 or 3090.
    Hi
    I Think The RTX 3070 is verygood card with a good price ,i have I5-10400F/RTX3070/1TB M.2/16 GB. its work like a magic.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Any of those cards will work, just be aware that some will also require an upgrade to the power supply. IIRC you have 500W right now and a 3090 for instance requires 750W.
  • Alijoh
    Alijoh Member Posts: 66 Devotee WiFi Icon

Hi. Did you upgrade the power supply? Was it possible? I am considering an Orion 5000 to buy but want to know if the power supply is upgradable? Does the motherboard accepts any of the 3rd party power supplies out there? Or is it proprietary and you can't use modular PSUs on it?

Thanks.

• billsey

The current version of the Predator Orion 5000 is the PO5-640 and that model uses a standard ATX style power supply, so larger ones are easy. This thread is for the PO5-600s models, which have a 9th gen chipset, vs. the 12th gen chipset in the -640, so there is three years difference between them.

• Tedos

Tinkerer

No not yet I was thinking to try and change it this month but I wanna make sure first if I have to change the power supply or not and if it's hard to change.

• billsey

It's not that hard to change on a PO5-600s or on the new PO5-640. What you need to know first is which GPU you are putting in, so you know how big the PSU needs to be.

• XenonAlfie
    XenonAlfie Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Is it possible to upgrade the psu if so what psu can i upgrade it to?

• XenonAlfie
    XenonAlfie Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

So will any ATX style PSUs fit inside this case??

• billsey

You seem to have posted on a bunch of different threads. How many answers do you need?