My Chromebook CP311-3H- K9K9 No audio or camera I tried updating chromeOS sometimes it shows error 7

Rongant
Rongant Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 in Chromebooks

none of the apps that use the camera show the actual image or video, and for audio, regardless of volume level, headphones or internal speaker, I get no sound at all. Wi-Fi Internet is working just fine.

I’ve tried updating chromeOS, sometimes get an error 7, other times, the update goes fine but the version is the same number both before and after the update. I ever tried the power wash system reset, and no change at all.

i need to get this working for my kid to use for school at home!! Please help🙃

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

You can contact Acer Technical Support and request for repair quotation. They should be able to help you with that. As far my knowledge, Acer do not do any partial repairs. There would be fixed flat amount for repairing each model laptop. When you contact with your unit information, they can really help with total cost, also repair cost quotation.

Regards,

Balatekie

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Balatekie

Hello!!

@Rongant,

Sad to know that you are experiencing Camera & Audio issue. As the issue persists even after Power Wash, this seems to be hardware issue. I recommend you to contact Acer Technical Support in your region and look for repair options.

Regards,

Balatekie

• Rongant

Tinkerer

Can you possibly tell me how I might be able to get something official from Acer in regards to this? I have third-party warranty coverage for my Chromebook but the third-party warranty provider does not cover diagnostic charges which range from $100-$150 and can take weeks… My daughter needs her chrome book for school every day.I need to submit a written repair or replacement. estimate

• Balatekie
    Answer ✓

You can contact Acer Technical Support and request for repair quotation. They should be able to help you with that. As far my knowledge, Acer do not do any partial repairs. There would be fixed flat amount for repairing each model laptop. When you contact with your unit information, they can really help with total cost, also repair cost quotation.

Regards,

Balatekie

• Rongant

Tinkerer

I don’t suppose you have a link for Acer technical support? I’ve been around and around so many circles the last couple days :(

• Balatekie

On my 1st post.. I have embedded the web link for Acer Technical Support. I am adding it again below.

Click here - Acer Technical Support in your region 

Regards,

Balatekie

• Rongant

Tinkerer

edited November 2022

Hey thank you for the information, I now need to find the specific details of the warranty on my product, and when I try to do that on the Acer website it just sits there spinning and spinning but nothing ever happens, you will see in the picture I’ve also posted.

Do you have a link that shows the warranty details on my product?

[Edited the thread by hiding sensitive information]

• Rongant

Tinkerer

By the way, I have tried submitting this information on my phone and on several desktop computers and the same thing happens… The progress Circle just keeps spinning

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

I will ask the moderators to edit your image to hide the serial number. Did you purchase the laptop from a Canadian dealer? You might try the SNID instead of the SN to see if there's any different result. We have also seen some glitches in the various global websites the last couple of weeks as they have been doing updates, so it might just fix itself after a while.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rongant

Tinkerer

Right now all I need is an official warranty details document so that I can get third-party warranty coverage on this device… Do you know to get that official ACER warranty document on this Particular chrome book?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

I can only suggest you contact Acer support for that.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Have you tried reinstalling the software by pressing refresh+power?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)