Sleep mode does not show indications and GPU switches in A715-51G with I7 1260p

BramB
BramB Member Posts: 44 Troubleshooter
edited November 2022 in Aspire Laptops

now I have the acer aspire 7 with I7 1260p, 16GB ram, RTX 3050TI and 1TB SSD. But if I close the laptop of set it in sleep mode there is no indicator that says is in sleep mode also the blue light on the right side is not blinking is that normal or is here a fix for??

and if I connect a monitor with HDMI it is on the Igpu instead of the RTX 3050TI...??!! by default I can chance it in Nvidia control center but if I do that the laptop screen is also the RTX. And I need to set it back

[Edited the title to add model name and topic ]

Answers

• Can you tell me the exact model? Example PH315-52. Yes, who controls the hdmi and dp port is the dedicated nvidia video card. Have you checked the power options yet?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BramB

Here is a link to the laptop webshop page:

I have test the power setting in your screenshot but it dont make sens the indicator is not blinking in sleep mode..

in the picture can u see where the hdmi is on connected

PL2288H is an monitor on HDMI

• Check this configuration:

When you put the computer to sleep or hibernate, do you leave any usb devices or external monitors connected to the computer?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BramB

I Have nothing plug in when i tested it.

When I close the lid it like 3 seconds and the blue light is off and the fans are stop running. and I can't see if is in sleep mode or its off.

• Power and battery LEDs not blinking orange?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• BramB

I have the powerlight up to now never seen orange

battery light is orange when its charching and blue when 100%.

how about the HDMI is controlled by the intel Iris Xe??

• The hdmi port is controlled by the rtx 3050ti video card.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• BramB

If I connect a monitor to the HDMI port. and open settings then it says connected to intel iris Xe.

Do u read it about the power light??

• Yea! I read about the power problem. Can you tell which operating system is installed?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• BramB

I have windows 11 22H2 with the update that u have tabs in file explorer.

This is copied form windows settings. translated to english

edition Windows 11 Home

Version 22H2

date of installation ‎7-‎10-‎2022

Build from OS 22621.675

Experions Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022

Does the same problem occur when reinstalling windows?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• BramB

is there any other way to test that as i don't have the time to reset my laptop. and then there he is new.

the light is also not flashing in sleep mode with the first version of windows 11. since I did the windows 11 22H2 update, the installation date has also changed and the problem has not been solved.

• MailChimpChamp
    MailChimpChamp Member Posts: 3 New User

I am experiencing the same problem and am unable to get past it. I am trapped here, and I want to find a quick solution to the problem so that I may do my work more quickly and simply.

• Can you record a video of the problem and tell the bios version as well?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• BramB

I have now post a comment 3 times and its not appear here.

comment with the video and the bios version

• BramB

Here is the biosversion and date

and in the link are 2 videos. one is when closing the lid and the other is in sleep mode in start menu.

https://files.fm/u/4db35vzzf

• Can you send a screenshot of this setup?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• BramB

it dont make sens if hibernate is on or off

• Can you tell me the bios version? Does the same problem occur when putting the computer into hibernation and sleep state?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• BramB

Here is the bios version and date

in sleep mode no indicator/light

in hibernate no indicator/ light.