R721T number keys

bordencounty
bordencounty Member Posts: 2 New User

What can be done to fix the number keys on the r721T. I have quite the bone pile of them because the number keys stop working. Usually only the 5 and 6 keep working. I have power washed reseated the keyboard cable (etc.....). Just curious.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

The consensus seems to be that the fix is a keyboard replacement. Sometimes if you contact support they will deal with it for you even out of warranty but that's not guaranteed. A portion of the keyboard description in the FRU list is Keyboard SUNREX AD1G_C80B AD1G, so a search on AD1G keyboard might turn up replacements. I can look up the actual Acer part number if I knew which language yours is setup for.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bordencounty
    bordencounty Member Posts: 2 New User

Billsey Thank you for taking the time to answer. These chromebooks are setup for US English.

• Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,302 Community Administrator

Hello bordencounty,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I sent you a private message requesting some information in order to forward your issue to our support channel, please reply at your convenience.

Best Regards,

Acer-Ingrid